This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

Super Bowl is over so now I can talk about my team.


THE FRANCHISE (No disrespect to Ben 'cause he is SUPER IMPORTANT TOO!)





Again, congratulations to the Saints! I have to send a special congratulations out to Stanley Arnoux. Hope to see you back on the field soon young man. Best of luck to you. He is pictured below.




I brought the Saints up because WE OPEN OUR REGULAR SEASON THERE. Right there in the N.O. It should be crazy. Their confidence should be sky high and we should have the ultimate chip on our shoulder for squandering away last season with lackluster play in three very winnable games. You know the ones where for some reason, we thought we could just show and the opponent would lay down. Yeah, those games. I never make promises about what my team is gonna do so you won't hear any predictions here. I take it on a game by game basis. I know for a lot of you that is pretty boring. Sorry 'bout your luck. I don't pop too much shit. I just enjoy the games and root for my team.

Everywhere I go, I get asked the same questions. Do you think Willie is coming back? Is Rashard enough? Will you guys draft a DB? What about a QB? Mike Wallace should be starting! Will you guys make any moves in free agency? I also get the same statements. Ya'll ain't shit without Troy on D. You guys gave up too many points. Your O-line is suspect.

To all of you, 'cause as usual there are so many of you, let me address some of that HERE.

Willie Parker- You do REALIZE that we 'found' Willie Parker right? 99% of you didn't know who the boy from Clinton, NC was or that he even PLAYED FOR UNC until the Super Bowl win in Detroit. So you say? I say that to say that while FWP (Fast Willie Parker) may not be the old Willie, he still may be of some use. I also say that to say that if we found him, we can find another. Again, WE FOUND HIM. Sought him out thanks to Dan and that is only because Dan saw him in HIGH SCHOOL, remembered that he could fly and said, "Lets take a chance on this kid...". If he doesn't work out this year, we will be okay. I know we always draft at certain positions. This is one of them. No, I am not banking on Steffan Logan to play FWP either. He is a returner.


Rashard- I think Rashard is good enough to be the feature back AS LONG AS HE DOES WHAT HE IS SUPPOSED TO DO. That said, I know that we will be drafting another back at some point to help spell him and Willie (or takeover Willie's spot). He seems to have found his stride and learned some patience. I like Rashard.

The Draft (1st round or so)- This question is actually usually two questions. Who will we vs. who do I want. I 'think' we will draft another 'backer in the first round but we have been known to draft the best available player on the board out of 'our targets'. I could see us thinking future and drafting big Cody outta Alabama even WITH CASEY HAMPTON possibly getting the 'tag'. I couldn't actually be mad at that nor should anyone who has seen Mt. Cody play. Who do I want us to take? I WANT MYRON ROLLE. You see, I have been screaming to anyone who would listen, that we need dbs. Smart, played at a school with tradition. Good player. Not sure if we will draft him but I want a player in the secondary for sure. We are good at receiver, could stand a lineman or two but none that I like at the pick we are at and while we love linebackers, I have to ask whose spot would he take? So....DB it is. Either Rolle or if by some miracle, Mr. Mays out of USC. Yes, I know the latter is a dream but he isn't even my first choice. Next I would like to see us draft SOMEBODY, anybody who will get William Gay's ass off the field at the number two corner. He can play nickel just fine to me. (I heard that audible groan but I don't mind him there) On the islands though? No dice. He scares me out there and it is frustrating to see the kid giving fifteen yard cushions and still getting burnt like crispy bacon out there. I have faith that will also draft a 'Steelers' type of linebacker in the mid rounds. Like we always do. Farrior has had a great run but I see Fox getting on the field more with Timmons and they all will need some capable backups at some point soon!








I like Earl Thomas too!



Backup quarterback- Apparently, because Dennis threw the pick against B-more, he is no good. I am not of that belief. He is a beast. We need a third string qb though. One who can challenge Dennis for the backup spot that SHOULD BE HIS. Dennis filled in nicely for Ben and now that he has his sea legs under him, he should have more command of the offense. The playbook should be more open for him when he does get the opportunity to play as well.

Free agency- (Hearty laugh) While we have picked up Ryan Clark and James Farrior via this route, we normally don't 'do free agency' on a large scale. So there is little to no expectations from me in that regard. I do know of some people who JUST MIGHT FIT INTO our plans but we probably won't go get them. Kerry Rhodes is one of those players. (There is a theme I told you! I want us to have more dbs. Deal with it.) I wouldn't mind it if we picked up a vet running back or two. I hear that the other PA team may be parting ways with theirs. We did that before you know? @ Duce Staley.


Mike Wallace- I told ya'll that kid was good. Of course now EVERYONE knows it. So much so that you think he should start. Hold your horses on that. Hines had 95 catches for 1167 yards last year. Santonio Holmes had 1248 yards with 79 catches. Who is he AUTOMATICALLY going to start for? I'll wait. You done? Good. He will one day take Santonio's place (who will take Hines place) but not at the beginning of this season here. I can tell you that. This isn't Madden ya'll. Where Hines can't run anymore, can't get separation, has NO SPEED and all he can do is catch short passes and block. Wallace is "Holmes" lite right now which is GREAT. 'Cause no third DB will really be able to see him. He has to wait his turn. He did great last year with 39 catches for a very impressive 756 yards with a 19.4 yard average. That was possible because you had to key on Hines, Santonio and Heath. Lets slow down a bit on the he needs the ball more/he needs to start talk. Don't be filling my favorite slot receiver's head up with all these dreams and aspirations! lol Don't sleep on Tyler Grisham either!




Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...