This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

So which running back is San Diego going to pick in the Draft? Sproles cleared for Free Agency.

Another 'shocker' considering his contract. (Sarcasm people) I just wonder who is actually gonna pay Darren anywhere near the money he stood to make next year? I won't say no one will but I can't think of anyone who 'needs' to. Texans maybe? Seattle? I dunno. Any suggestions? I mean, ultimately we WILL find out who so it is not life or death or nothing like that.



I wonder who is going to trade with them for Cromartie? Decisions..decisions...decisions out there in San Diego.



Link


For the second time in a week, a major turnover has affected the San Diego's backfield.

AFC West blog

Williamson ESPN.com's Bill Williamson writes about all things AFC West in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

In the same week the Chargers decided to release running back LaDainian Tomlinson, they also opted not to tender running back Darren Sproles, freeing him to leave the team in free agency without any compensation, said a source close to the situation.

Had the Chargers wanted to retain Sproles' rights, they would have had to tender him with an offer of nearly $7.3 million for the coming season by March 4. But San Diego deemed that price too high, giving its running back the chance to test free agency. San Diego still would like to re-sign him, and it could, but it will face competition from other teams.

Now San Diego's backfield is expected to take on a significantly different look next season, whether or not Sproles returns.

Tomlinson will not be back and there is a decent chance Sproles will not be, either. San Diego is expected to look to free agency, trades and the draft in an effort to rebuild its backfield. Free agent running backs such as Minnesota's Chester Taylor and Pittsburgh's Willie Parker would have to view San Diego's offense as appealing.

Declining to tender Sproles is one of many significant issues facing the Chargers this offseason. San Diego still must figure out a way to keep free-agent wide receivers Vincent Jackson and Malcom Floyd, decide what it wants to do with linebacker Shawne Merriman, and find a trade partner for cornerback Antonio Cromartie.
Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...