This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

2011 Porsche Cayenne pics and a hybrid too.

One of my favorite cars is due for an revamping.






The standard Cayenne is powered by a new 300-hp V6 with an eight-speed automatic transmission, while Cayenne S models get the same 4.8-liter V8 with power upped to 400-hp. Acceleration in the Cayenne S should be drastically improved thanks to an overall curb weight that has been reduced by 400 lbs. As for the Turbo, it makes 500-hp from a twin-turbo version of the 4.8-liter V8.

Also bowing for 2011 is a new Cayenne S Hybrid – the brand’s first production hybrid model. Like the pre-production model tested recently, it gets a 3.o-liter V6 engine that supercharged and mated to a 47-hp electric motor for a total of 380-hp and 427 ft-lbs of torque. Porsche claims the Cayenne S Hybrid can travel up to 40 mph on just electric power and can cruise on pure electric power at speeds of up to 97 mph.

Thanks to new technology and significantly reduced curb weights, all Cayenne models get improvements in fuel economy. Porsche hasn’t released fuel economy stats for the Hybrid Cayenne yet though.

The overall size of the new Cayenne has increased from the first-gen model, with a wheelbase that has been extended by 1.6-inches and a 1.9-inch longer overall length. Inside there’s plenty of Panamera-inspired updates.
Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...