This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

Congrats to the boy @shizznitty of @OTRecords on making the paper in Delaware...

I am going to link it but quite honestly I know how the paper does. It won't be there too long. SOOOOOOOO....I will at least copy and past the words.....





Here is the link: As told by L.Burner...

If you were to walk up to any random person in the tri-state area who is the least bit familiar with hip-hop and ask them what is the hottest single to ever come out of Wilmington, chances are the answer would be "Sox in Da Air" by Shizz Nitty.
Two years later the single is still a favorite in the region, both in clubs and on radio, and has begun to play in clubs around the country. The song has even crossed over to a Texas line dance on YouTube and has been remixed by Punjabi MC and released internationally on his mixtape under Universal.
Even as "Sox" continues to find new life, Shizz has two new singles heating up. "That Booty" currently is getting club play and has proven to be a fast mover on iTunes and Amazon.com. "Put Your Dukes Up," which is particularly popular with the Philly crowd, will be available on digital download Tuesday, the same day as Shizz's album "B.O.S.S. Shizz."
Most fans will recall that Shizz's independent label Overtime Records, also known as OT Records, was signed to a distribution deal last year under a subsidiary of E1 (formerly Koch Records), presumably putting OT in a better situation in terms of its marketing muscle and a distribution arm. Over the last year, Shizz, also the president of OT, and CEO Matty Gates continued booking shows and breaking new singles on their own.
Shizz and Matty Gates talked to Allhiphop about breaking the single that started it all and why Tuesday is "Independence Day" for OT Records.
"Sox in Da Air" put you on the map. Tell us about the journey of breaking that song.
Shizz: It was rough but it's smoothin' out now. It wasn't easy for a Delaware artist to get on the radio and all that and get the publicity. But I guess they liked the song now they got me labeled "Mr. Sox in Da Air," which I don't like ... (laughs) but I like the song.
Matty: Me and Shizz actually did the footwork. We went to every club in Delaware for maybe about a month. And the first time we gave them the CD they were like "yeah, alright." By the fourth time they started playing it and by the fifth time they were shoutin' Shizz out in the building.

I will give ya'll a part of it and the rest you can go read there.....
Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...