This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

(Interviews) @RapsodyMusic's interviews with @DJEnuff & Hiphopdx X The album X The Idea Of Beautiful X 8/28/12




Always get asked by some of you, Who is this 'Rapsody' gal you keep putting on your site? If she is 'so good', why haven't 'I' heard of her? I mean I have heard of 9th Wonder but who is she. So maybe this will help you see just 'who' she is a little more. Some 'mainstream' pub if you will.

I feel like I need some 'back up' on this one so here are a few more interviews on one of my favorite MCs out right now. Note I said MC. I mean CLEARLY she is a 'she' but that's not what is important to me honestly. I'm not one to really 'blindly' support folks and I feel like ESPECIALLY IN HER CASE, if I don't at least 'help' spread the word, I'm failing her in some aspect. So yeah..I'm putting up 'other sites' interviews (well links anyway). Sue me. I don't care how you get the word about her. Just as long as you get it.. Tired of hearing 'There are no nice female MCs'. There are. You just aren't looking hard enough.


I keep hearing the words 'sex appeal' and her name in the same sentence from the SAME FOLKS WHO CLAIM RADIO WON'T GIVE FOLKS A CHANCE unless they fit XYZ mode.... Hi Kettle nice to meet you...-_- *


I can't see how if you are a Mac Miller fan (or at least know who he is) how you don't know about Rapsody. Here is the Khrysis infused 'Extra Extra" video they did awhile back together..Nice shots of Durham in this piece.

Fun Fact: If they are eating where I think they are, they are eating on 9th St... (Elmo's) I found that really interesting. Just a fun fact. (Jamla = 9th Wonder = 9th St. Get it? )







Here is a PIECE of the HipHopDX interview. GO TO THE LINK FOR THE REST..



Exclusive: The Kooley High member says she based "The Idea Of Beautiful" imagining what a solo album of rapping would sound like by Lauryn Hill.
When any young Hip Hop artist or even fan sees someone similar to himself or herself paling around with the likes of 9th WonderPhonte and legends alike, jealousy is a description that comes to mind. But sometimes just befriending Hip Hop greats doesn’t always tell the whole story.
Rapsody’s tale is one that has become a reality in Hip Hop and has converted a culture within a culture that used to stand for something much more. Sure Rapsody has her accolades; she’s been able to feature some of Hip Hop’s biggest names from old school legends to hot newcomers. She’s had one of the greatest producers in the genre’s history looking over her shoulder. Her emceeing talent has caught the recognition of everybody killing to hear the echoes of MC LyteRah Digga or even Lauryn Hill. Even Rap herself says many people, male or female would kill to be in her position. But before linking with 9th and well before her much anticipated debut LP, The Idea Of Beautiful, Rapsody had to go through situations that have become all too familiar with females who want to be a part of this industry– Choices that men, for the most part don’t have to make.



The aforementioned Kendrick Lamar song @ title of their post..




and her latest joint. Believe Me. Get used to seeing her on here. I'm probably gonna do a post next week on her and again after I have sat with the album as well. 



*She isn't ugly though. By ANY STRETCH OF THE IMAGINATION. She just chooses not to come out on stage half naked to get your attention. Trust me, if you saw her face to face, you'd know that though. @ her 'sex appeal'. That's not what she is out here selling. She is selling her MUSICAL TALENT. Just like so many of you have 'begged' for gals to in music and now you are 'questioning it'? Eh... Whatever. 

Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...