This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

Merry Christmas!

One of the best ones I've had in almost 7 years. Not because I got a lot of stuff. Not because of what I gave necessarily either. Both things happened though. 

It was great because....

...it was stress free. I could just enjoy it. Enjoy my kids. Enjoy family. Enjoy the moments. No drama. No fake shit or folks pretending to do something they didn't want to do. Genuine love. Definitely got out to see folks too so I wasn't in the house just sitting. It was good to get out. 

This is how they all should be. They may not all be this way but this definitely what I've been looking for. Comfort. Security. Stability. No super highs and super lows. Just even Life with normal issues.

Were people missed? They SURE WERE. This is the FIRST Christmas my Mama isn't here for me, even if she was sick. She's not here. I could at least call her or video chat her before and have some form of communication. Can't do that now but through.... 

Even with that, this was still a good time. Granddaughter's first Christmas where she can sort of grasp what's happening. She's running around. Opening gifts. Having fun. Playing with her new stuff and of course, the boxes. Definitely worthy memories.  

Now, to get watching some of these games this week then back to the return of my youngest daughter out of protocol. Girl is hungry and can't wait to hoop again. I look forward to her return to play as she realized how much it means to HER. Not to me. Not to her coach. Not her friends. 

HER. It was hard for her to watch from the side but safety first. No way I was sending her back out there until she was ready. She missed a few important games. Learned some lessons along the way too because even though someone else was at fault, she could make some decisions too that may keep her out of harm's way a little better. Turn that inner need to win for the big picture kind of thing. 

She's more than ready now. Should be interesting to see how things play out. Still have to play the games. Her presence was missed though. From her teammates, to opposing teams and even coaches who don't have to play her on their regular season schedule. Lots of concern about her absence. 

I'll save all the 'New Year' stuff for just that. A post about that.

Enjoy your Holidays people! 

Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...