This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

Winter 'depression'.. it's dark but all is not lost!

I'm one of the many who suffer a bit once the clocks 'fall back' and the daylight gets a little scarce. It's not TOO BAD but it does happen. Some call it 'winter depression'. Some call it other things. I call it...

It sucks. 

Now, ALL DOESN'T SUCK ABOUT THIS TIME PERIOD. I just thought I'd address that part first. 

I don't 'love' the holidays but I do LIKE THEM. I don't look in envy at others at what they have. I have my own little things I do around this time of the year. I will go out and visit folks. Covid/Flu might still have me a bit cautious but I'll go out. 

Those that really know me know that this is the time of year of my favorite sport. 

Basketball. 

Been going to ALL THE GAMES. All the scrimmages. All the practices. The season already started for college, NBA and such but now the high school season is upon us. I get to see my babygirl play. 

You might see me out because I don't miss her games. I probably don't look real happy because I'm a focused parent but I promise I wouldn't miss it for the World. (And haven't.. ask around. lol) The other kids love the support too. Everyone can't make these games. I can. So I make sure I support them too and that I'm not one of those crazy parents in the crowd. 

When my last kid is done wtih playing ball, I'll be involved with it on the other side but now? I'm just enjoying the ride. All the 5 am practices are paying off. We don't have to do those anymore. We can just go to regular practice, some training EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE and go live LIFE. 

The kid is excited and focused. Grades are great. Head of her shop in school. She's got options baby! (That won't be the last time you see me type that about her. I promise.) Super proud of that kid man. She just doesn't know how proud. 

So yeah it gets dark and I 'think' I don't want to go anywhere. Then, I see the schedule, not just for her games but other games and out the door we go. 

We do ride to see 'the lights' and stuff too. I don't post much about that. I don't post much about family dinners either but those happen. Might even slip to some warm weather to escape some of this cold in the middle of all the 'seasonal depression' period. We'll see. 

December 21st STILL can't get here fast enough. The days get 'longer' with each passing day after that. Weeks after, when the games are still going on, the daylight last longer and longer. I can't wait. 



Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...