This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

(Music) #MusicMonday X Get Familiar with @nomisupasta aka Nomsa Mazwai




2011 South African Music Award for Best Adult Alternative African Music Award winning album..Might I add..




































I know a lot of you are going to look at the post for Rapsody's "Believe Me', see the name listed on Track 14 "When I Have You" and say...Who is Nomsa Mazwai??


Let me help you with that a bit..Not that Rap and 9th would put someone who CLEARLY ISN'T TALENTED ON THE RECORD. 'Cause they wouldn't. Many of you just might not be familiar. So I'm here to bridge that gap so to speak. This info should help... 


Per her Tumblr...


Nomsa Mazwai is an activist, a scholar, and the future of South African music.

A gifted vocalist and social change advocate, Nomsa sings her unique blend of melodic poetry to the sounds of classic jazz, drum & bass, neo soul, electronic, and Afrocentric rhythms.

Her debut solo EP, Nomisupasta, garnered her three South African Music Award (SAMA) nominations for Best Newcomer, Best Adult Alternative African album, and Best Album Packaging of which she walked away with the win for Best Adult Alternative African Album.

Although making music is Nomsa’s passion, making a difference in South Africa is her priority. She is a Fulbright scholar, a published writer, and the first female student body president in the prestigious University of Fort Hare’s 90-year history.
She recently completed an MA Economics, in the IPED program at Fordham at Fordham University in New York City, while preparing for the next stage of her music career.

We believe that this is the optimum time to position this rising star within the international music scene. We plan to embark on a major multi media initiative to expose the world to her music, her social concsiousness and her brand.

ELSEWHERE























Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...