This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

9th Wonder to teach at Duke University....


I see some of the confused faces out there. Who?? I have never heard of this guy or his music. Not so fast. You MIGHT want to go look at your linear notes for your favorite artists like Jay-Z (which honestly if you DO know him, that is how), Little Brother (where he was the main producer for SEVERAL YEARS and broke out at), Destiny's Child and a few others.



So it looks like they have given a class down at Duke. The class is called "Sampling Soul". He was born in Winston-Salem, NC but is from Raleigh, so this is not that far fetched. This is also not his first time having this honor bestowed on him. Along with Chris "Play" Martin, he also did some work at North Carolina Central instructing a Hip Hop History class there as well. Ya'll are some lucky people to have the art form of music that you love actually be an accredited class! I WISH the genre would have even been accepted to the level it is now at the time I was in school. Never mind having a class that counted towards graduation on my docket.

To me, he is a very underrated craftsman. Yes, he is known but people are really 'dismissive' of his talents. He is much better than given credit for. Some are also TOO CRITICAL of him to me but hey. That's their right I suppose. I am pretty sure they don't have those same standards for themselves though. lol

Anyway, enjoy the video.



Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...