This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

Rennie Rox Presents- The Game of Death...Official review

http://thewarehous.blogspot.com/2009/11/rennie-rox-films-presentsthe-game-of.html

Judging by the trailer and from what my sources told me about the movie, I could see that it was going to be a good viewing. I was hesitant to give a FULL review on it however, because I had not seen it personally. That has changed. I have seen it in its entirety now. I will give you my take on it now without giving up TOO MUCH of the movie's story. Hopefully.

The boy Clark Bar showed off his acting chops a bit in this film. For those of you who don't know, he is a rapper signed to OT Records. For those of you who do follow the blog, you already know who he is. If you are worried about seeing him get up there and doing a horrible job, DON'T. You will be entertained. I won't throw names out there or anything like that (coughs),middle name Armani(coughs) but ummm yeah. He might be onto something here. @ acting. Pleasant pleasant surprise for those of you thinking that it might not be that way. Matter of fact, OT Records was sprinkled throughout the film. Shizz and Chuck50 are both in it. I won't give away what they do or how they play into it but they are both seen. Another person that REALLY IMPRESSED me personally was Wize Dome. I felt like I was watching a Denzelish type performance. He did a great job. Again, all the actors did. Jimmy Jam did a GREAT job in his role too. I really thought he was 'Jake' after watching him in that role.

I was going to REALLY get into the plot of the film but I am not. I will just say this. This is not the typical, dope boy gets on, gets the girls, gets the money, and all is well until he goes he goes out in some BLAZE OF GLORY type film. Not at all. The plot gives you an insight of how things go down in Wilmington, Delaware on both sides of the drug trade. Involves all parts of the equation. Lets just say that. The film is done in a way that you could see this being 'any town' USA (Because, well, it COULD BE AND IS THAT WAY.) and that is a GREAT THING. It doesn't alienate demographics to me. Which is important. We all know 'it can go down' anywhere and the results are the same. You also get to see and hear some of the sounds of the area. I know that for some, Delaware is some place that you just pass through on the way to New York, DC, on the way down South or the way up North. This might put a little more definition of the slang and such from the area.

My ONLY complaint is that the film was not long enough honestly BUT it did leave us with a cliffhanger. Which I like for all my films to do when they are stories like this. Plenty of room for expansion in this series. After all, it is a 'game' and death isn't just exclusive to just one person so you never know what might happen in the sequel.

If you happen to have missed the trailer for the movie.....


Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...