This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

Good one! @Verizon Confirmed: Verizon Charging $2 Fee for Paying Bills Online

Confirmed: Verizon Charging $2 Fee for Paying Bills Online




Go paperless. Save the environment. Save money. Oh wait, we are gonna charge you a 'measly'$2 for that. You can afford that right. $24 dollars a year to pay your bill on your phone OR ONLINE... Now you have to ask yourself the critical question:


Do I walk to the Verizon store (IF IT IS WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE) to avoid this $2 charge (which lets face it...eventually they are gonna charge you for that TOO.) OR do I just bite the bullet and pay online to avoid using up $2 worth of gas to do it?


Pretty slick Verizon! (Sarcasm) You have been paying attention to your banking counterparts eh?


Verizon customers who make single payments by phone or online will be charged a $2 fee per payment starting January 15. The new fee is intended to offset the cost of processing these payments.

“The fee will help allow us to continue to support these single bill payment options in these channels,” Verizon said in a statement to Mashable.

Other Verizon payment options such as electronic check, AutoPay and payment kiosks are still free.

Customer representatives for Sprint and AT&T said that those companies charge no similar additional fee for paying by phone or online. The AT&T representative said there is, however, a fee for paying a bill through a customer service representative by phone.

Will Verizon’s $2 fee affect you? If so, will it motivate you to choose an alternate payment option, or do you find single payments by phone or Internet worth the extra couple of bucks? Let us know in the comments.
Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...