This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

The Story Behind Drake's Best Headline Yet | VICE

The Story Behind Drake's Best Headline Yet | VICE


 I normally blame the person tattooing these SORTS OF THINGS with a heavy hand..I can admit that. . I am torn on this one though. As he stated in the rest of the article, he could have steered her in another direction fontwise but other than that, she was going to get this tattoo. One way or another. At this point, face tattoos aren't that uncommon (No, everyone doesn't have one but there are more than a handful out there now..) so she could have EASILY found someone else to do it. It is also worth noting that this wasn't HIS FIRST FACE TATTOO JOB* so again, if he is tattooing faces, others are too. So the onus shifts RIGHT BACK TO THE PERSON ON THIS ONE. 


I use the word 'onus' loosely btw. It isn't my face. I don't have to walk around with it. She isn't my family member or even my friend. I shouldn't care at all which is why I don't really. It is merely a topic I am discussing in that sense. I don't know WHAT HER OCCUPATION is nor do I know enough about her to even BEGIN to speculate whether or not she was thinking. I do see there is a mention of her being high but again, because of the details of what she wanted done, I don't know if she came up with the idea before or after. I am also waiting to see, much like the person who did the tat, some signs of regret and I don't hear any on that end. So, I can't say WHAT SHE IS FEELING. If she is cool, then I'm cool with it. Not that she should even give a fuck about that honestly.


I can say this. I wouldn't do it. That's all I can say. I don't think it is a good look but hell, it is her life. Do I understand that she won't be able to get a 'regular job'? Of course I do! Do I understand she is going to get ridiculed? Duh... I mean we are here talking about it right? Of course. I just don't want to be one of those people who speaks on those things but KNOWS THEY DON'T FEEL ANY EMPATHY FOR THE PERSON WHATSOEVER but want to use that angle to wax on about what she 'can't do' anymore. In this case, I would be that person because honestly, I don't feel bad for her. ***

 The person who did the tattoo, Kevin Campbell:


 But as far as having a choice, yeah, sure, I could have turned her away, and I'm already getting a ton of flack from other tattooers for this but the way I see it, if she's got her little heart set on getting her forehead tattooed then she'll just keep on trying until somebody finally goes through with it. I think that getting a color portrait of the Joker from Batman is a dumb idea, but who the fuck am I to judge? If some cat from MS13 comes in and wants me to "blast" that shit on his chin or forehead or whatever, who am I to judge the validity of them getting what they get and where they get it?  If I tattoo a huge "BK" on a Crip or tattoo "DRAKE" on some R&B crazed girl's face, what's the difference? Who am I to say which one is wrong and which is right?







Kevin on doing face tattoos:  My whole deal with people wanting completely outrageous and potentially life ruining tattoos is this: I'll ask them 3 times if they really think that it's a good idea, I tell them what the potential consequences of getting a tattoo on their face might be, and after that, the bad decision is on them. I believe that people get the tattoos that they deserve. The shop where I worked prior to Will Rise was in the center of the Harbor City Crip neighborhood, so I'm not really a stranger to tattooing gang shit on faces, which is what I originally thought that this was. I guess I feel bad that this dumbass got the name of the softest motherfucker in hip-hop tattooed on her forehead. But what makes that any less valid of a tattoo to her? I lost a little sleep over it that first night, wondering if I wanted to be known as the asshole who tattooed "Drake" on some crackhead's forehead. None of the face tattoos I had done prior to this got any publicity, so I was a little surprised that this one took off like it did. I'm still kinda debating whether or not I should send you guys the whole set of pictures, I don't really want to paint the shop in a bad light but it is what it is. In the end, she paid me to do this to her, which really means she did this to herself...


*** I say that to say I HAVE FELT BAD FOR FOLKS IN SITUATIONS/CIRCUMSTANCES that are self inflicted/preventable and I will admit that. This is not one of them though. Sorry. 
Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...