This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

Someone asked me why would I want to read Jay-Z's new book..DeCoded..

Or why anyone would.....Now I can't speak for anyone else but I kinda like to know if I got the right message out of things that are left open to interpretation for me. Like music. Like books. Movies...You get the picture...Well this ONE PASSAGE in the book is JUST THE REASON WHY I WANT TO READ IT. It confirmed some of the 'stories' that he told and gives a TIMELINE for all of the things he speaks on his songs. Not to say they are ALL 100 PERCENT REAL. We will never know...It does clear up a particular line in the song "Never Change"...Questions like, 'Has he ever been arrested?" Where did he do all of this 'dealing'? 


Link:


* His First Arrest
Jay-Z’s first arrest came at age 16. He was dealing in Trenton, because his friend “Hill” had a supplier there. Hill had enrolled in the local high school, and one day when Jay-Z went to meet him, he got caught with crack in his pockets on the campus. Since he had no prior arrests, the police let him go, but they confiscated his supply. In order to make up the cash to the supplier, Jay-Z had to go back to Marcy and deal crack 60 hours straight — three days in a row, he writes. He kept awake by “eating cookies and writing rhymes on the back of brown paper bags.


Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/music/jay_how_went_from_rags_to_riches_9gj3fHlhdOvuL46pd8H3XM/1#ixzz14MNbj5sI
Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...