This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

The 3rd Annual Roots Picnic from the Warehouse's point of view..



As you can see up top, the day was pretty interesting...





Had a ball! This time I won't be writing in as much story form as I will be just letting the pictures speak. Yeah right....You know I am going to tell a story about each series of pictures. Come on now. You know me by now. Gotta do it. Seriously though, I will keep the stories to a minimum for now 'cause I am that tired. I have A TON of pictures I didn't put up up here that will become various posts in the coming days. (Told you I was tired. @ errors)

Special special SPECIAL thanks to Rachel at http://philly360.visitphilly.com/, to all the people that I met LAST YEAR that came up to your boy and extended their hand, their stories of the past year and their fellowship. Also I would like to give a good 'head nod' to the folks that I saw up there that were just attending the show and had no idea that I was a supporter of The Roots/doing this here/what have you and were shocked to see me. (Chuckles) I know I don't talk about it like I should but I honestly think that is what allows me to do this. I actually like doing it and it is not motivated by a boastful place. I want to shout more people out but that is what the pictures are for, right? So lets get to 'em! I am going to go in the order that I feel. It may not be in 'chronological order' Bare with your boy. I will try to stay on course though.












The incomparable Titi A.K.A Chickintheclique and the talented TylnnFaz respectively. You might want to get familiar if you are not. Talented people.








The Dry Eye Crew!






DJ Diamond Kutz of Power 99 FM and of BET fame...





Miss Amanda Diva....







Tylnn and VF (Most of you know her so I don't have to tell you who she is..)



Philly's Own Writtenhouse




YahZarah (Foreign Exchange) Single out now btw with a video...



Nicolay of Foreign Exchange



Amy focused as hell..(Nicolay's wife)


Zo!He has an album out too..



And I promised I would get some shots of him...So if you looking homie, I GOT YOU!Chris Bynum (drums)







Phonte Coleman


Darien Brockington
























Money Making Jam Boys (Black Thought, P.O.R.N, Truck North, STS and Dice Raw)









Jay Electronica, with Miss Diva warming up the crowd and his cup of Henny that he says warmed him up...



















Meek Mill & Peedi Peedi got busy on one good time. Good to see Peedi doing is thing and Meek is coming NOW for Philly. Forget next.









Questlove running around in the VIP tent....




They have a fan in me. Mayer Hawthorne




DJ Jazzy Jeff, Skillz and Questlove TURNED IT OUT.






The Roots w/John Legend followed by Wu Massacre (Meth, Rae, Ghost) Yes, they showed. YES THEY PERFORMED and yes they were VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY GOOD. @ Wu Massacre.

































Yes Meth is standing up on top of the crowd....Threw a lil customary water too...It was hot. We didn't care...






Clipse!!!!! Last act of the evening for me...




You know Ab-Liva was gonna come out and show some Philly love..





















I was mad I didn't get a GREAT FLICK OF this person until I ran into them LITERALLY on my way to the car...LEGEND. I have to say if you don't know who this is, YOU PROBABLY shouldn't even attempt to have a discussion about HIP HOP with me. I rarely say things like that but you can't call yourself a true long die hard fan and not KNOW who this is...

Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...