This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

Kids, Life, Update...

 I try to remember to start these off with the disclaimer that I write here a lot. I don't PUBLISH a lot though so the writings are in chronological order for me but YOU, the reader, may be missing information. I will try to remember that as I refer to things that may or may not be published here... It isn't fiction. It is real life. I leave other's names out though although they DEFINITELY know it is them I am referring to. It is up to them as to whether or not they'd like to 'out themselves'. Obviously, if people know both of us, it's not hard to figure out who is who.... 

Okay, now that I've gotten that out of the way... 

Life, as you all know, stops for nobody and for me it just keeps going. I just welcomed a GRAND DAUGHTER. I'll let that sink in for you. A beautiful granddaughter who came in with her Virgo energy on August 30th. 

This is a different experience. Another life changing moment. (Hold that thought..) It's all the joy of having a kid, without actually being the parent and not being the IMMEDIATE ONE RESPONSIBLE FOR HER. It's pretty cool. It's not my timing choice but then again NEITHER WAS MY FIRST CHILD for my parents. Different situations but the point is, it's not my call. I raised my daughter to the age of 18 and she is now grown. I will do my part to help and she should be fine. All plans are in place and her Life plan is still intact. It just includes two people now. :) The baby is a doll baby. Everything is 'handled'. Life will do what Life does in this situation. Parenting time, with college (one more year left) and a FULL RIDE still. It could be worse, yanno? 

Joyous times indeed on that front. Trying to enjoy the moments when I can because you can't replicate them. At all. 

Oldest daughter is doing her thing in the DMV. She's good. Full grown. Married. Doing Life. 

Youngest daughter is doing exactly what was expected of her when she used to dribble that ball around the house as a toddler. Cannot believe I will have a freshman in high school, AGAIN but for the LAST TIME. She was just 5 wasn't she? School is actually FUN FOR HER AGAIN. She's enjoying exploratory at her new high school & is finding her way. Her Honors Academy years are paying off as far as her studies because she's used to working at a certain pace. It's almost like her basketball and school are mirroring each other. Years of previous work are showing up big time in this setting. We'll see how far she goes. It's up to her. The sky is truly the limit for that kid and I think there's a lightbulb going off in her head. Still more work to do though. 

I think this is the part where we speak about their mother, looking down, smiling, guiding, etc if you believe in that sort of thing. (Not saying I don't. I know people who don't. That's your business.). Still would be nice to have her here to see it but this is the reality of the situation. She is not. Life will keep on doing what Life does. Go forward. Since I actually KNEW HER, I can say this. This is how she thought it would go. Probably all the way down to.... 

Me? See this post. It's applies RIGHT NOW because that's where THAT IS AT. Some said, they'd have come back too after reading that. I don't know why. Same results. Every time. No matter who tells the story. 


Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...