This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

I waited on announcing this a bit. At this point it isn't 'breaking news'...@phontigallo (Phonte Coleman) to release solo on September 13th..

There is a video of him announcing such on 'The Urban Daily'





Now for some, the fact that he was doing a solo album is a bit of news....rather...they were of the 'We will wait and see' approach of it. From the early whispers of it from other blogs to the INTERVIEW I DID WITH HIM HERE when he again alluded to a solo joint coming, the skepticism reigned on. Now that we have a RELEASE DATE, on the six anniversary of the release of The Minstrel Show no less, I think the anticipation will build ten fold and the skepticism will die down considerably. I am very happy that the World now knows some of the things that I have had to 'hold close to the vest' in regards to this brother. Having sat down and listened to the 'Sitdown' he and 9th had in NYC recently over and over only reaffirms the feelings that I have the upcoming project will be special. September 13th isn't EXACTLY THAT FAR AWAY, especially when you consider the fact that Phonte is CURRENTLY TOURING WITH his group (The Foreign Exchange). Again though, this is Phonte we are talking about. This is how him and 9th work. Get in, get to work, bang out the project, on to the next one in HIGH QUALITY. Looking forward to see what comes out of this organic process. I know I keep going back to the night that I saw them walk into the studio in Durham for the 'FE Unplugged' event (That's probably the BEST WAY I CAN DESCRIBE THAT EVEN..Can't wait for it to be released so ya'll can see it for yourselves! ) but YOU COULD SEE JUST FROM THAT BRIEF TWENTY MINUTES OR SO that the 'vibe' between them was still there. So it is no surprise to me that he is allowing 9th's sound to create the landscape of what the album will sound like in regards to any other production work having to 'fit in' to whatever 9th's beats create vibewise. Can't wait to see it all come together on record.
Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...