This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

A third verse missing from 'Light It Up'??


Thanks D-Nell...link
(VH1 Hip Hop Honors 2010 picture)


Interesting indeed if this is true 'cause on that song Jay drops knowledge so I am curious about Wayne's contributions. Should be stellar.


"Perhaps Drake knew something special had to be done in order for Wednesday night’s exclusive listening session to feel, well, exclusive. The night before, Drake’s highly-anticipated debut “Thank Me Later” had leaked in its entirety, two weeks before the album’s actual release date. But Drake had one more trick up his sleeve for the members of the media who piled into MRS Studios in Times Square.

The charismatic rapper-slash-singer from Toronto shared the news that he had just come back from a trip to Rikers Island to visit his mentor and label boss, Lil Wayne, who is currently serving one year in jail for a weapons conviction. “To look in his eyes today and see how proud he was of me, I was honored,” Drake told the crowd. “And I was really looking forward to coming here and playing this album.”

Then, ten tracks into “Thank Me Later,” on “Light It Up,” Drake’s collaboration with Jay-Z, Lil Wayne rapped the third verse (the bit reportedly was recorded via the Rikers guest-to-prisoner phone during Drake’s visit). With the exception of those in Drake’s camp, everyone in attendance seemed caught off guard, and Drake knew it, which is probably why when his gotcha moment was revealed, he was the most animated he had been all night, standing up in his chair, rapping along."
Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...