This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

A Drake/Young Jeezy/and the boy Shizz of OT Records post revised...From May 20th, 2009

Revised. Whatever you want to call it. Some of you will probably be reading this for the first time though. OH AND SHOUTOUT TO THE PERSON WHOSE NIECE LOVES DRAKE. You need to link her here..lol She can find out all about him. As you can see, I like the young boy. He is not perfect but I dig him.


Young Jeezy and Drake. May 20th, 2009 aka THE SWINE FLU CONCERT.



Blurry pics are a sign of two things..

A pretty shoddy camera (at filming moving objects) and A REALLY GOOD TIME BEING HAD BY SAID PERSON TAKING THE PICTURE.

Chalk that picture up top to both.


Drake and Young Jeezy at the University of Delaware.

I have been bumping this kid's music for awhile but was not ready to say "I like him like that' until I had seen him in person. So when I heard he was coming here, I HAD to check for him. He was coming with my boy Jeezy too? Sheit. So off I went.

Funny story:
When I went to purchase these tickets, a nice young lady was at the booth. She began to ask me about the 'special guest' (It as not revealed Drake was coming until the WEEK before the concert on the radio) on the Young Jeezy show I was buying tickets for. Said that her friends were a lil excited but she had no CLUE who the kid was. I said these words..

"Jimmy from Degrassi..."

She lost it. Stopped my TRANSACTION. GOT ON THE HORN TO HER GIRLS AND THEY PROCEEDED to ask me questions about him for the next five minutes. Hence the great seats..Being a music snob pays sometimes ya know..Anyhow...


The 'Swine Flu' cancelled concert at U of Delaware, featuring Young Jeezy and Drake was pretty damm good. There were no four hour delays, like Drake's last stop in the Chi. No Lupe holding him back 'from the hood'. Just Drake with a slight limp due to an ACL injury, a energetic Jeezy and a surprise for yours truly at the opening act.

The show was opened up by a local act here in Delaware. The boy Shizz with his fast spreading (Played on ALL OF THE PHILLY AREA radio stations) hit "Socks in The Air" produced by Sap. You can find out more about Shizz, Sap and OT Records HERE. If you live in the Tri State area, you have probably heard the song on the local radio stations in the area. As for Sap, if you are a fan of Meek Millz then you have heard Sap's work so he really needs NO INTRODUCTION. The young phenom is the person behind the boards on the song "In My Bag". Shizz has been grinding for a long time and it is really good to see him get recognized along with his crew. They even have a video for the song.



They got things ROCKING period.

Drake came out next. Went through pretty much 75% of his catalog since no one was there to due their 'spots' on his songs with features. He did my favorite joints, "Uptown", "Say You Will" and a couple of the joints from Comeback Season. I would say that a majority of the college kids were there to see Drake and that the rest of the cats were there to see Jeezy. Now at this point, Drake does have a song on the radio HERE so even regular people (read: people who don't scour the Net to get their music FIRST before the radio tells them what is hot like me..) know who Drake the 'artist' is now. So they got a chance to hear more than just that one song and were asking those of us that did know his music all about him. I personally was there to see both dudes perform.


Here is a taste of the energy in the building. (I don't know how long they are gonna let me keep it up so let me know if it dies. I will re-up it.)


Successful




Jeezy bought his usual energy. Since you are sitting there asking, I will tell you now, YES DRAKE IS BETTER THAN WAYNE at this stage. Sorry if it hurts your feelings. It is clear that Drake influences his mentor, not the other way around. Oh and yes I like both artists that were on the bill the same. How? 'Cause it is ME FAMILY. That's why. I like my music in different flavors. Go kick rocks with an open sore bare foot if you don't. I like Drake's versatility as an artist and I can see his growth. I do not mind the singing as much as I did at first because now he 'embraces' it. He has learned where to use it and when not to. Not to mention, he is GOOD AT BOTH OF THEM. That is a plus. I could see if he COULD not sing. I also appreciated the way he conveyed how overwhelmed that he was that we knew the words to his songs and how far he had come. Feels like we are part of a movement. Can't go anywhere right now without people asking about this kid. I wonder when the back lash is gonna start? Soon I bet. Wait 'till those that have had him from the beginning do their usual. Expecting him to do the songs that they like solely. Like the bangers with Tanya Morgan or Little Brother. I hope they understand that he is gonna have a whole LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE that are going to want other things out of him and that he is on track to be a star. He ...well just keep reading and watching. I have more footage down below. You can see for yourself about him.

Young Jeezy's set was the SHIT. HE had the hood cats in the audience throwing up sets, bouncing to the song and the whole nine. Which was impressive to me as I know some of these dudes. Crowd participation is not their strong suite. He didn't go back too far but he did visit Thug 101 for us. I appreciated that. I would love to catch him in ATL, where I am sure I could hear him perform songs from "Come Shop Wit Me.". His new DJ Folk mixtape is BANGIN' by the way. Use your Google skills and type "Trappin' Ain't Dead' and see what you come up with. If you are a fan, you will not be disappointed. I was REALLY hoping to hear a diss for Gucci too but it is okay. Next time he comes, hopefully CTE will be 'free' and they can all come out together.

Line of the night:

F#ck the Swine Flu, I got some TheraFlu for that sh#t....-Young Jeezy



Here is some more footage of Drake from past AND very present..Courtesy of the good folks at Vlad.TV

This interview explains his 'Down South' influence and why he speaks on certain things and his 'issue' with another Canadian rapper. (Who I happen to like)





ABC Interview







A VERY informative write up by MR. JAYSON RODRIGUEZ
Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...