This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

(Words) Today's edition of "The Reach": Folks opinions on @Drake's Take Care and Conrad Murray being found guilty of killing MJ..














Normally, I stay away from the 'hot button' topics because TWENTY MILLION PEOPLE weigh in them and folks seem to simultaneously think that they are 'speaking for the people' but still are the only ones who think the way they do. 

In other words, they tend to think people are 'stealing' their little ideals and shit and I don't have time for that small minded shit. The other reason is over saturation. I mean we all are talking about. Why today? 


Today, the two topics happen to go hand in hand with something I was going to write about anyway. The fact that some of you are STILL LISTENING/ACTIVELY SEEKING OUT TO LISTEN/GOING OUT OF YOUR WAY TO LISTEN, TO MUSIC THAT IS NOT MEANT FOR YOU, BY YOUR OWN ADMISSION, ANYWAY AND THE LEVEL OF 'RESPONSIBILITY YOU REFUSE TO TAKE FOR IT' ALL WHILE BLAMING EVERYONE ELSE FOR ITS EXISTENCE. 


What does that have to do with Conrad Murray? (If you are as smart as some of you claim, you ALREADY KNOW WHERE I AM GOING WITH THIS ONE..) Well.... it is true that he PROVIDED THE DRUGS for MJ but who TOOK THE DRUGS? Who had the issues to begin with and SOUGHT HIM OUT TO TAKE THE DRUGS KNOWING (Please don't feign ignorance and tell Mike didn't know. He did. Stop that shit.) the drugs were harmful and would have gotten them hook or crook? You know the answer to that one. Michael Joseph Jackson. Not Conrad Murray. Now, I have all of you 'The police/government/court system/etc' ain't shit' niggas, all in my social feeds out here talking about 'Justice served'. For a black man who was blamed for another black man's ADDICTIONS and vices. Word? That's how ya'll wanna carry this? So fuck the personal responsibility that Mike had? Naw B. Thing is, most of you didn't JUST GET TO FEELING THIS WAY. I will give you 'credit' for that. I will also chastise you for it though. Why? It is simple, you are making it seem like it is okay to just 'put the onus' on someone else when you have an issue. I mean for what it is worth, I am ALL FOR ACKNOWLEDGING FOLKS ARE SICK. I did that with Amy Winehouse. She was SICK. Should have been looked at as such. Michael was SICK. Should be looked at as such. What I WOULDN'T DO is demand that every Heroin dealer that ever came in contact with her on some 'Well somebody has to PAY..." type time. For what? Won't bring Amy back. It won't bring Mike back either. It SURELY WON'T STOP FOLKS WHO ARE OUT HERE USING AND SELLING THE STUFF EITHER so lets not play that card. If that were the case, folks would have stopped four celebrities ago. But ya'll keep making 'excuses' for folks. Just like you do in your own lives. It is NEVER YOUR FAULT.....






....which brings us to this Drake shit. Since the swell of the news of his album leaking out track by track to the masses, I promise you I have seen well over a thousand tweets/Facebook statuses,etc about the this album @ Take Care. 


The irony? It is mostly from folks who claim they don't 'care' about Drake. Oh the jokes are endless. He is 'softer' than (insert your joke here). Which are fine. Nobody is above being joked about if you want to say that. It's cool. Some of you out here though...boy let me tell you. You are doing THEE MOST out here. Reaching in for the "LOL" out here. Again, I am not against joking on the boy. Do your thing. Some of you are actually talented enough to do it and even when you OVERDUE IT some ( I said some niggas...) of the shit is WILD FUNNY.  Just understand what you look like out here when you dedicate your WHOLE TIMELINE TO HIM DAY AFTER DAY on some diss shit though. You are no different than the 'wack ass niggas' who diss YOU for liking the 'other elements of hip hop that certain folks bring to the table' who SEEK OUT MUSIC TO DISLIKE IT. Fair is fair. Cry me a river. @ this Drake shit. We get it. You don't like him.

You should just KNOW how CONTRADICTORY you look saying 'no one that I know is checking for the boy', when you take a listen EVERY TIME HE RELEASES NEW PRODUCT on that 'Well maybe this joint might be hot and I don't wanna miss it BUT I DOUBT IT 'CAUSE HE IS WACK' mantra you keep running with. You look foolish. Never in my life have I checked for ANYONE I CONSIDER AS WACK AS SOME OF YOU CONSIDER DRAKE. Never. Same way I don't check for 'lames'* in real life. 

I guess this is the part where I am supposed to say "I don't 'understand' why you folks keep checking for him though" huh? Nope. I try not to say that ESPECIALLY WHEN I KNOW WHY. 




You are afraid that his 'emotions' will be accepted as the norm and you will actually have to act 'non tough' and stop acting emotionally available to get pussy. Which is the DUMBEST SHIT EVER btw. Just be yourself. Shit. He is. Look, if Ralph Tresvant's ass didn't stop niggas from getting pussy, there is no way DRAKE WILL. If that BabyFace 'I'll pay your rent.."** thing didn't last than this too shall pass. Stop sweating it.




Here is the ULTIMATE IRONY OF THIS THOUGH:




 YOUR FAVORITE RAPPER, when he isn't out here trying to impress you with is 'street cred' or the other stuff, LOVES DRAKE. Quotes him all the time. Collabs with him. Thinks he is ill. So when you are making those jokes are you talking about YOUR FAVORITE RAPPER TOO? Or is he/she exempt from that? Inquiring minds want to know. You want me to name names? @ rappers


Okay...COOL. I will. 


Meek QUOTES HIM OFTEN on Twitter... Joe Buddens.....QUOTES HIM OFTEN. The real GHOSTFACE? He has ACTUALLY GIVEN HIM PROPS. Jeezy? He has songs with him. 'Ye? Yep......Jay-Z (My FAVORITE RAPPER)...YOU KNOW IT... @ props. Phonte (2nd/3rd favorite rapper OF MINE) ? Didn't like the backhand compliment BUT HAS GIVEN HIM PROPS FOR HIS LYRICAL ABILITY. I can keep going..Bun B......yup....You want me to stop? I have more...I'll chill.....All respected lyricists.  I don't think I have to though now do I? 


Again, MAKE ALL THE JOKES YOU WANT. Some of them are deserved honestly. Just know that it is your OWN FAULT for torturing your OWN EARS when you 'listen' to folks you don't like. You hanging with folks that 'like' Drake like that but that isn't your style? Switch your planes- Jay-Z. (If you are a fan of hip hop, you get the reference..) 

Yes, I know...everyone you talk to talks about him. Not really. The folks I hear talking about him THE MOST ARE THE FOLKS WHO 'HATE HIM'. How ironic is THAT SHIT? In case you STILL DON'T GET WHAT I AM TRYING TO SAY..Refer to the pictures. They say it all.




Sorry if you caught a stray bullet in this one. If this means we can't be 'friends', so be it. I mean....Ya'll catch me with 'em all the time though. I don't bitch about it. I keep pressing on.



*I hate that saying but it is the only 


**Soon I Get Home From Work.......I'll buy your clothes....It was all good until niggas thought they owned a bitch and then GALS CAUGHT ON and 'poof', that shit disappeared. Trust me, this 'Fuck that nigga....' shit will die down too. Besides, he isn't the first to say it. Do your research.  b


Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...