This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

Need any more reasons not to add people from your job on Facebook? Here ya go..

Link:

No, she is not the first. She won't be the last. I do understand that now employers are 'requiring' that you disclose being on such networks and the like. (I wonder just how that works...I digress though)Sounds like it might be time for two accounts in that case. I mean, what is next? Jobs are going to start gleaning information from your friends in real time? Again, I am not too upset they fired her because like she said herself, she wrote it. I guess I am wondering why anyone from her job (or the job itself) would have access to it/if she was required to have them do so just what did she think they were going to do with the information? That is what I am wondering....The Facebook settings are your friend people.




Ashley Johnson had a good job making good money as a waitress at Brixx Pizza on Sixth Street in uptown Charlotte.

But that changed about a week ago, when a couple came in for lunch and stayed for three hours - forcing her to work an hour past her quitting time.

And they left her a tip she thought was pretty measly - $5.

Johnson did what most folks who need a good rant do nowadays. When she got home, she went on Facebook. "Thanks for eating at Brixx," she wrote, "you cheap piece of ---- camper."

And like a growing number of workers, she found out the hard way that what you say on social networks can be used against you, particularly if you're in a position of public trust or public service.

The managers at Brixx called her in a day or two later, she says. They showed her a copy of her Facebook comments and told her she was being fired for violating company policy against speaking disparagingly about customers. A Brixx official said she also violated a second policy against casting the restaurant in a negative light on social networks.

"We definitely care what people say about our customers," said Jeff Van Dyke, one of the partners who run the restaurant.

Johnson, 22, says she apologized to Brixx for using bad judgment. "It was my own fault," she said. "I did write the message. But I had no idea that something that, to me is very small, could result in my losing my job."

Read more: http://www.thestate.com/2010/05/17/1290387/facebook-post-costs-waitress-her.html#ixzz0owwXTORg
Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...