This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

Good for Kenny Anderson...Gets degree.....



He showed that even after 19 years, one can go back and get their diploma. What makes this story a big than the typical athlete going back to get their diploma is that he NEEDED to do it apparently. You see, despite having made an ENORMOUS amount of money (At one point he had a nine million dollar contract and made over sixty million for his whole career.), he was spending it just as fast as he made it. Had some kids. Lived like it was going to keep coming in. Instead of having a pity party though, he went back to school. According to the article, he is giving basketball lessons. I HAVE TO ASSUME that he is also giving life lessons too. I would hope. Sometimes, you don't need to hear from the 'total success' stories. Sometimes, hearing from those with trials and tribulations HELPS TREMENDOUSLY too. I wish him the best and hope he can pass that wisdom down to at least one or two of those South Florida athletes he is helping out down there in Plantation, Florida. They could really benefit from hearing from a man who had it a lot, lost a lot and seems to be on his way to living a good life still despite the ups and downs...





In case you have forgotten or are just too young to remember him, here are some highlights. Especially for you younger cats who may only associate having a great handle/being a great lead guard with 'Skip To My Lou' or someone like that. This cat could HIT A JUMPER in addition to making you fall at any given time. Lefty. Finish pretty well at the rim. Special player this dude was.....




More of the same but with more NBA highlights...

Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...