This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

I see I am going to have to speak on it myself...Ben Roesthlisberger


My peoples' site (Steelergurl)is having technical difficulties so I will give my opinions on the Ben situation here. Especially since other details have come out now.

As the title of her blog post suggested, I think the man might need some new boys. I do understand his need for new (insert your own word for it) and the undying quench that his celebrity must put on him to go pursue it. That said, you have to watch where you fish as even though the gals might be legal, they may not be 'legal in the head', if you know what I mean. He needs to remember not only who he is but WHAT he is. Of course there are three sides to this thing. His. Hers. The truth. I hear there were cameras there but the incident took place in the bathroom where no cameras are allowed.

His side:

It has been said that they girls didn't 'know who he was' until told. I assume that was put out there to say 'there were no motives' or something. WRONG!- Charlie Murphy. He is famous, giving out free drinks and locked down their local watering hole. He must be SOMEBODY TO DO THAT. If he is 'somebody' then the motive doesn't have to be he is 'Ben from the Steelers' but rather he is SOMEBODY WITH CASH. Lets just get that outta the way. Well, this is twice you say? It is. Actually, with the way he goes out, he has a pretty low number. Athletes get sued/attempted charges all the time actually. It is just now, it is news. It wasn't news before.

Her side: He did it. The end. Nothing more to say. She says he did so something musta happened.

The truth: He was in a college town bar with girls who couldn't drink. He has a pending civil suit and this is the second time in as many years in the off season that a situation like this has come up in some fashion (In fairness, the Lake Tahoe incident didn't 'happen' last year, it was just bought up last year.) Most common folks love to cheer athletes on but don't like them as people. The press is gonna have a field day. He has hired a high price lawyer this time around so that means that he means business too. The girl is 20 years old and probably (unless GA has some laws I don't know about) and drinks were being served.

Oh you thought I was going to say he did or didn't do it? I wish the hell I would do that.... I wasn't there. Neither were you. All I know is that it sounds like he needs to be chaperoned or something. Some better boys, some contracts for these gals to sign or something. As well as a good video camera of his own. I'd be taping acts. Not to leak 'em but just so you couldn't pull shit like this. I mean I could tell him to control his nuts but who am I to tell him that? He is a young man. I don't take issue with it. I do think he should be more 'selective' though. My whole timeline was offering him and a certain fallen R&B star their services as opposed to have what has happened to them both this weekend.

Oh and one more thing. Those of you screaming for GODdell to do something? He can't unless he likes getting the NFL sued himself. No charges have been filed and on top of that what 'pattern of behavior' would you be suspending him for? What would you call it? You gonna suspend/reprimand/discipline for going out when no one has died/been charged/ or anything? Yeah, good luck with that one...


Share:

3 comments:

Raider Nation fan said...

Can we at least agree to add him to the list of fools (Kobe, Tiger, Mike T, Kwami of Detroit, Gov of NY, Gov of SC, etc) that don't let their handlers handle these situations? That is why they pay them. Too many of these tricks are looking to get paid and they can't all be on the Bad Girls Club, Real Housewives, etc.

Carolinaware said...

We can. Or fire the ones he has, cause they SUCK. Never would put my boy (or my boss) in a position knowingly that could awry like this. He doesn't get alone in bathrooms with chicks. They have to come back to the suite and sign papers of consent. lol No bullshit.

Raider Nation fan said...

You're right as usual. There are plenty of women who know the game and what it is, especially in GA, who do whatever no cries of foul. They know if they play it right they can get more outta them then a few free drinks. Their "boys" don't know these details 'cause they don't have millions at stake nor do they have to protect their own livelihood.

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...