This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

2010 Taurus SHO

I am sure you have seen the commercials by now...Kudos to Ford for FINALLY bringing back the name. The car should have never been discontinued and it should have never gotten that V8 in the first place. The price is a little higher than before but it is back...Twin Turbo V-6 with an estimated 365 hp. Pretty car. It is in the price range of my current dream car the Charger but I am partial to this one 'cause I had one before (See previous posts on cars on that)

I am, however, a lil worried that even though this version has more 'muscle'the 'spirit' of the car may not be carried over. Especially now with every high performance sedan touting 270 plus in the horsepower department as standard fare. Back when the SHO was first introduced, it was a totally different ballgame. You may have seen a high end sedan with 200 or so horsepower and had to REALLY spend to get one in upwards of 225 and up. So the 'bang for the buck' theory of the Taurus made it SPECIAL. We are talking BMW territory or Mercedes in terms of performance for a fraction of the cost. A car that any Mustang/Camaro owner would look over and better respect or get its doors blown off. Forget any 'sedan' not named an M5 or a 500 SEC AMG or the like dealing with it. Wasn't happening. So in that respect, the playing field for 'sleeper' fast sedans has broadened out to include a host of cars. Below, you will see the SHO go head to head with one of them by Infinity. The car may not standout like it once did.







2010-ford-taurus-sho-vs-2009-infiniti-g37

Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...