This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

Siri vs. Google Search: Test Shows iPhone Assistant Isn't A Google Competitor Just Yet

Very interesting.Sure that Siri will be improved though. I use the voice command on my 'Droid all the time. Very nice feature.




Siri
Gene Munster, an analyst, tested Siri's ability to answer questions against Google's search function.
Siri might be going to summer school.
Piper Jaffray analyst and noted Apple fanatic Gene Munster decided to pit Siri against Google's web search in a supreme battle of the popular search interfaces. Munster asked Siri and Google 800 identical questions -- inputting the queries via text in Google and by voice in Siri -- and then recorded how many of the questions Siri and Google could answer correctly.
Munster also tested Siri's hearing and the iPhone 4S's noise-canceling capabilities, asking it 800 questions indoors, in a quiet room, and 800 questions outdoors, at a busy intersection, through the microphone of a set of Skullcandy headphones.
The key takeaway from Munster's experiment? Siri is still very, very much in beta.
Indoors, Siri was able to comprehend the words he spoke 89 percent of the time; at the busy intersection, that percentage fell to 83 (though perhaps this is more an indictment of the Skullcandy headphones). Of the 800 questions asked, Siri returned a correct answer just 62 percent of the time. Google, meanwhile, returned a correct answer 86 percent of the time (and, obviously, understood 100 percent of the queries, as the words were typed into a search box).
Long-time Apple watcher Philip Elmer-DeWitt has a bunch of the 800 questions that Siri was unable to answer correctly:






Read the rest here...
Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...