This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

2009 NBA Draft continued...

We left off with Steph Curry...I will not be going through ALL THE PLAYERS. Just the ones of note to me.

8. Knicks Jordan Hill PF- Actually not a bad pick for them. They need all the front court help they can get after signing those duds and trading away the likes of Channing Frye. Maybe some of David Lee can rub off on the kid.




9. Raptors DeMar DeRozan SG- He is one of those freaks of nature that you just don't 'know' how they are going to turn out. Has a NBA pull up right now. Athletic. Just needs to 'learn control' and to use his head. Will he ever do it? Dunno. If they sign Hedo and Bosh continues to be himself, that will take pressure off of him to do big things RIGHT AWAY.




10. Bucks Brandon Jennings PG- The brash young boy from Cali who claims to be better than Rubio (I happen to agree btw) will have to fix that jumper if he hopes to be among the elite guards soon. He has the attitude and can DEFINITELY play tho so I wish him the best. I think his biggest adjustment will still be the night in and night out challenge of facing top flight comp. He did get some VERY competitive basketball in last year in that Italian League but the rules are different and there are no Derek Roses, Chris Pauls, and the like in that League.


11. Nets Terrence Williams SG- I like this young man.- Biggie. He plays D. He is a true 2 guard size. He can score. He has heart and charisma. All the things you need in the NBA. With Vince no longer there and Skip coming to the team, he should have a pretty interesting rookie season. I wonder if he can play the 3 tho or if they are gonna go 3 guard offense with him, Devin and Skip at anytime.


12. Bobcats Gerald Henderson SG- Interesting pick. For more than just the fact that the head coach and GM are both UNC alums and he is a Duke player. My first question is, are you saying you are trading J-Rich(Jason Richardson)? I mean, obviously, Gerald is a rook so he would have to earn some time but just looking down their roster at the position he plays, I don't see much time for him to take. Unless you are gonna put Wallace at the 4 (yikes!) or just simply bring the young boy off the knot. I mean, Gerald is solid though. Athletic. Showed some signs of going to the hole with authority.

13. Pacers Tyler Hansbrough PF- You know after watching some of the Pre-Draft camp footage, the one thing that stood out about this man was his intensity. I am a UNC fan so I have been watching him play. I saw it there. Did not think it would 'translate' on during the workouts the way it did though. I mean, he just LOOKED HUNGRIER than the rest of the dudes. He has a chip on his shoulder. One that even I may have helped put there @ the knocks on his game. He can hit a jumper out to about 20 feet. You know he is going to hustle and he is not scared. He is not fast but seems to get places on the court. Kinda familiar huh? May not make him a star but if Larry Legend picked him (with the same mindset that he feels like he did coming outta Indiana State) then I can be but so down on the kid. Great pick for them. Him and Jeff Foster are probably gonna have a nickname before all is said and done. It won't be because they aren't producing either. Let me tell ya.

17. 76ers Jrue Holiday PG- Interesting pick for the Sixers. They will probably lose Andre Miller at some point (Plus he is old) This kid here is long. Okay handle but another athlete. Could use some time to watch and learn. Probably won't get it. Lou Williams needs to ask for a trade. 'Cause undeservedly or not, this kid is going to eat into his minutes.


18. Denver Ty Lawson PG- One of the three guards drafted by Minny. Traded to Denver. Will get some time with Anthony Carter running the 2 on the second Offense hopefully. Not sure if he can apply what he will learn from Chauncy Billups as they are two different types of guards but he could learn from worse. His coach is also an alum of his school and that should help his playing time. (See Shammond Williams when he played for Karl in Seattle. He got PLENTY OF TIME)


19. Hawks Jeff Teague PG- I can't lie. I am not 'sold' on Mr. Teague. I know he can score though. That I do know. I just don't think his handle is NBA ready. That step back of his is VERY NBA READY. He will have his work cut out for him. Didn't the Hawks already try this 'short scoring guard in a point's body' thing with Acie Law? Speedy Claxton? I don't see him taking any one's minutes. I could be dead wrong though.


20. Jazz Eric Maynor PG- Now THIS GUY CAN PLAY. He reminds me pretty much of every guard that you see in your local rec league that has SERIOUS game but never got a shot. Only he will get one. Can defend. Can run a team. Is TOUGH AS HELL! His conference was a lil weak at times but did boast a team that went to far in the Tourney. (George Mason) In addition, their non conference schedule was pretty good. Besides, we ALL SAW WHAT HE DID TO DUKE. Good pick up by a hard nosed coach. If he catches on quick, I could see him and Deron running together on the floor like they did with him and Paul on the National team. This kid is that good.

There were people who did not get picked up who I will talk about later...
Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...