This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

The Boss Is Hungry: Every Food or Drink Name-Dropped in a Rick Ross Song -- Vulture

The Boss Is Hungry: Every Food or Drink Name-Dropped in a Rick Ross Song -- Vulture

iCried. Read the rest of the list at the link..





The Boss Is Hungry: Every Food or Drink Name-Dropped in a Rick Ross Song

One of the many spectacles on Rick Ross’s God Forgives, I Don’t (out, finally, this week) is a song called “Diced Pineapples,” which turns out to be not so much about canned fruit as it is about sex. Still, the song’s title is part of the long, time-honored tradition that is Rozay rapping about food. Lobster bisque, SpaghettiOs, chocolate milk — entire restaurants could be run from his musical food diary. And truly, the man can turn any food stuff into a synonym for money. It is a gift. So, in honor of the Boss’s culinary enthusiasm, here, now, is a list of pretty much every single vaguely edible item ever mentioned in a Rick Ross song or verse. (Yes, metaphors count.)
BREADS
* Baguettes (“Hustle Hard Remix” (Ace Hood song): Rolex embedded with princess and baguettes)
* Biscuit (“This is the Life”: Started with a biscuit now I got a loaf/ Hoes wanna slice I wann tell her no/ But I can’t I get a rush blowin dough)
* Bread (“All the Money in the World”: Bust his ass his whole life, just want to break bread with him)
* Dough (“Fountain of Youth”: From the churches I rose, only loving the dough)
* Loaf (“Mafia Music 2”: My last loaf was gift wrapped by Castro)
* Toast (“Told Y’all” (Trina song): East to west coast I’m the best wit toast)
BREAKFAST
* Cap’n Crunch (“Deeper Than Rap”: Shotty all in the kitchen, heard over a bowl of cereal/ This deeper than rap/ I guess a box of Cap’n Crunch get you deeper than that)
* Pancakes (“Heavy Artillery” (Game song): My shit pancakes, my shit three wheels)
* Trix (“BET MMG Cypher”: Now my watch fruity colors like Trix in a box)
* Turkey Bacon (“Sixteen”: Waking up to turkey bacon and my thick queen)
CARBS
* Rice (“On Top of the World”: I put it on my life/ Chickens put me in position to donate the rice)
* Rice (“White Sand Pt. II”: Got cooked up, scrape right from out the bottom of that rice pan)
* Spaghetti (“Molasses” (Raekwon song): Sparkin’ purple once a nigga done spaghetti slurpin’)
* Spaghetti (“Summer’s Mine”: You niggas is petty, you niggas spaghetti)
* SpaghettiOs (“The World Is Ours”: I’m just making ends meet with this plate of food/ Went from SpaghettiOs to a new set of Vogues)
* SpaghettiOs (“Usual Suspects”: Feed the fam boy, I put that on these canned goods/ As my fetti grow, fuck her, feed her SpaghettiOs)
CHEESE/DAIRY
* Blue cheese (“Mafia Music”: Trunk full of white, car smell like blue cheese)
* Butter (“Cross That Line”: Can’t cut it stay choppin’ through the butter nigga)
* Cheddar (“Here I Am”: More better, more cheddar)
* Cheese (“Colors” (Sean Kingston song): Gettin cheese out a rat trap like I'm that close)
* Cheese (“MMG Untouchable”: A nigga cheese dripping, I like my nachos hot)
* Chocolate milk (“I’m Only Human”: He never knew chocolate milk make you fart real bad)
* Yogurt (“White Sand Pt. II”: First time I whipped it, that shit looked like some yogurt)
CHIPS
* Chips (“I Swear to God”: Salty, we the only niggas eating chips)
* Chips (“Beat Build” (T-Pain song): Sweet tea mob, We up to no good/ I bought the ice cream, I bought the hot sasha/ I bought potato chips, but now it’s Red Lobster) *Note, cross reference with sweets, dairy, general meals
CONDIMENTS
* Grey Poupon (“I’m Ballin’” (J Money song): Own restaurants, croissants, my Grey Poupons)
* Mayo (“I’m So Hood” (DJ Khaled song): Mo’ money, mo’ mayo, the yayo in millions I made ‘em)
* Sauce (“Lights Get Low” (Freeway song): Maybach that’s my flying sauce)
DRINKS
* Champagne (“Boss”: Pour that Champagne, boss)
* Champagne (“Amsterdam”: Crack game, Champagne, kilos on the stock exchange)
* Champagne (“Hard in the Paint Freestyle”: I’m rolling up the purple and I’m sippin pink/ Champagne drown a bitch til she gotta pee)
* Ciroc (“Even Deeper”: Ciroc in my margarita in Mexico)
* Ciroc (“MMG Untouchable”: Panamera parade, sippin’ Ciroc lemonade)
* Cointreau (“All I Have in This World”: Sippin on that Remy outside of the club)
* Coca -Cola (“Perfectionist” (MMG song):” Coca-Cola minx, canary yellow stones”)
* Dom Perignon (“Mafia Music 2”: I’m the don inshallah, now pour me my Dom)
MoĂ«t (“Mafia Music”: Celebratin’ wealth, pourin’ MoĂ«t in her hair)
* Mojitos (“I Swear to God”: Or Colombians, sipping mojitos with leaves, nigga)
* Purple (“Hold Me Back”: Then I start sippin’ purple, got my shit screwed)
RosĂ© (“Ashton Martin Music”: A lot fo quiet time pink bottles of rosĂ©/ I don’t drink every bottle I own. I be agin’ shit)
* 7Up/Coca-Cola (“Maybach Music III”: I’mma 7Up, and needa Coca-Cola loan)
* Tea (“On Top of the World”: I watch ‘em snort a powder all while I’m chillin’ sippin tea/ Lemons and honey, millions and money)
* Soda (“Bag of Money”: It’s just my soda mixed with brown)
* Syrup (“Last Breath”: Still sippin’ that syrup, might front you a block)
* Vodka/Rum (“Anything to Find You”: I feel for you, vodka, rum on my arm)
* Wine (“Mafia Music remix”: Cracking rabs at the tables, count the cash, crack the wine)
EATERIES
* Chick-fil-A (“Magic”: Them bricks be jumping fast/ Call me a Chick-fil-A)
* Chuck E. Cheese (“Mafia Music 2”: If she fucking me she lucky just to get some Chuck E. Cheese)
* Crustaceans (“Finest Hour” (Jay Rock’s song): When I’m in L.A. we meet at Crustaceans)
* Krispy Kreme (“Now That I’m Paid”: Parked the Chevy in that thing, glaze like Kris Kreme)
* Popeyes (“Billionaire”: It’s all the same gang, posted up in front of Popeyes in the Maybach, nigga)
* Prime 112 (“Comfortable Freestyle”: Big belly mon still eatin’ this shit don’t stop/ that Prime 112 it’s a delicacy)
* Publix (“Bricks”: My attitude is “Fuck it,” house big as Publix)
* Red Lobster (“O Let’s Do It Remix” (Waka Flocka song): Took my bitch to Red Lobster, I cain’t feed no friends, ho!)
* Wingstop (“MC Hammer”: She thinking Phillipe’s, I’m thinking Wingstop/ Fiending lemon pepper, I got my thing cocked)
* Wingstop (“Trap Boomin’” (Gucci Mane song): When I hit a lick it I bought a Wingstop (twenty of em)/ I sprinkle lemon pepper in that re-up)
* Wingstop (“Do Sumthing Strange” (Ludacris song): She super sexy so I treat her to my Wingstop)
FRUIT
Bananas (“Bananas”)
* Banana (“High Definition”: When they talkin’ slick I double back with that banana)
* Berries (“Made Men”: Wiz Khalifa papers smoking my favorite berries)
* Cantaloupe (“100 Keys”: The game a bitch, but at times she sweet like cantaloupe)
* Grapes (“Prayer”: One, the grapes on the plate/ Two, the tags on the feet)
* Key limes (“Cigar Music (I Do It): As I recline cut em like key lime/ We both came now its right back to the tea time/ I wanna soda with no vogo and no cheap wine)
* Peach (“This Me”: When the beef’s over might see the peach rover/ We eats but we try to reach each quota/ No soda Rolls roller one on her)
* Peaches (“Blood Money (DJ Khaled song)” Far from peaches and cream/ Niggas deceased on the scene)
* Pineapples (“Diced Pineapples”)
* Pineapple (“Heavy Artillery”: I pull up at the light, pineapple in your car)
* Strawberry (“Mirrors Remix”: Strawberry swisher sweets with my Aston)
* Watermelons (“911”: I remember picking watermelons)
Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...