This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

(Music) #MusicMonday X @IamAnitaBaker puts her foot all the way into @Tyrese's "Lately"/Lead single off of new album.. Only Forever






If her music appearing here 'seems odd' to you, then you better HIT THE FAST FORWARD ON THE MUSIC PLAYER BELOW. I LOVE ANITA BAKER. ALWAYS HAVE. ALWAYS WILL. For the record. Not much you can say to me about Sweet Anita..

Yeesh... Yeesh...YEESH...(Go to the bottom of the page and push pause on the music player for a second... Now!) I mean she just sings so effortlessly... Hat tip to my girl over at Music Nerdery...


You probably saw the other Anita post I did on her new forth coming album but at that time, this track wasn't revealed...

 How did this come about? @ her covering Tyrese's track.....

Again..COURTESY OF Music Nerdery... Read the WHOLE BREAKDOWN THERE.. Here is a piece..


http://musicnerdery.com/2012/08/06/new-music-listen-to-lately-anita-bakers-new-single-from-the-forthcoming-only-forever-album/


“['Lately' is] one of the first songs we cut, analog, in Nashville,” she reveals. “I brought in a live rhythm section. I brought it to L.A., and I called [Tyrese] into the studio and I played it for him; he had no idea. And he lost it, of course. He was like, ‘I know who has got to produce this!’ I’m like, ‘I already know, I got Harvey Mason, Jr., on tap.’”
Another song that will be featured on Only Forever is the title track, produced by world-renowned musician Nathan East, whose performed as part of the jazz quartet Fourplay and written for the likes of Stevie Wonder and Eric Clapton, among others.

Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...