This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

More reasons to 'hate' @KingJames: Urban Meyer on his failed attempt to recruit LeBron James

Urban Meyer on his failed attempt to recruit LeBron James


Luckily, we won't have to speculate on his 'NFL potential' like we do AI's and those other folks who didn't play 'pro football' but were stars at the sport in high school. I think Urban knows a thing or two about it no?




CHICAGO --- Ohio State coach Urban Meyer has secured commitments from countless elite high school athletes over the years. But there was at least one that got away:
By Jay LaPrete, AP
LeBron James.When James was a high school sophomore, Meyer said, he offered the future NBA MVP a scholarship as a wide receiver, though Meyer envisioned James as a future tight end. Meyer was the head coach at Bowling Green the same year James finished his sophomore year of high school at St. Vincent-St. Mary in Akron.
As Meyer recalled, when the offer was made, James said: "Thank you very much. I'll consider it."
Then James' coach started laughing.
"What are you laughing at?" Meyer asked the coach.
"Do you know who that is?" the coach asked.
"No," Meyer answered.
"That's LeBron James," the coach said.
"Who's LeBron James?" Meyer asked.
"He'll be the next Michael Jordan," the coach said.
"C'mon," Meyer scoffed.
When asked Friday how good a football player James would have been, Meyer said: "First-round draft pick. Hall of Famer. I love LeBron James. Competitor. Good person. Took my son down to meet him and he treated him great. You never hear about anything off the field with him. I guess just the way it all transitioned, the show or something. But I respect him as an athlete. He's a winner.
"After being around Tim [Tebow], Percy Harvin and some of these high-profile guys, to see him handle a lot of the scrutiny, and he handled it real well. Because he was under the bullet now, this guy. And he performed. Very articulate guy, too. Very respectful. I think he's great. I love him. I was proud to have my son meet him."
Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...