This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

Pass it on to the cats who ask 'Why do folks still use BloggDevil's Advocate: 5 Reasons Why You Should Use Blogger Instead Of WordPress | BloggingPro

Devil's Advocate: 5 Reasons Why You Should Use Blogger Instead Of WordPress | BloggingPro

Since all Five reasons are why I still haven't used WordPress (I have a Wordpress account too btw so that's not it...) I thought I would put this up. I get this question FREQUENTLY myself. It is INDEED where I started at but I've looked into the other options. So far, nothing has moved to the point that I want to move and much like everything other 'fad' in Life, I don't 'move' just 'cause everyone else does. In addition, my main goal is for you to get what I post in some format. As long as you get to read my words when I do write them, I am GOOD. I also don't think my theme looks too bad. (Or any of the past themes I choice..@ the Facebook one before Facebook REALLY TOOK OFF, THE ORIGINAL BLACKBERRY THEME I HAD.... etc, etc..) Anyway...take a look at the reason.



Despite the power and popularity of WordPress amongst the blogging elite (at least upon the Techmeme Leaderboard), Blogger still remains the dominant blogging platform in the world, with the glorious WP coming in at a distant second.
Some in the WordPress faith may wonder why anyone would consider using Blogger, especially since WordPress boasts thousands (or is it tens of thousands?) of plugins, themes and developers–not to mention awesome smartphone apps upon the iPhone, Blackberry and Google’s very own Android OS.
However upon closer examination, BlogSpot fans may not be as “delusional” as some geeks may think for choosing Google over Automattic, as there are at least 5 major advantages of using Blogger instead of WordPress–both WP.com and WP.org.

1) Problogging On Your Domain
No matter how you slice it or dice it, Blogger is just far cheaper when it comes to blogging underneath your custom domain.
Backed by the mighty Google, Blogger is free when it comes to hooking up your domain. WordPress charges you $10 per domain (and that is on top of what you pay for registering your domain elsewhere).
While this may seem like a small price to pay, the bill can add up quickly if you own 5 or 6 domains.

2) Image Hosting
When it comes to default image hosting, WordPress beats Blogger 3 times over (as the former offers 3 gigabytes of default space vs Google’s 1 gigabyte).
However when it comes to upgrading to the next level on both accounts, Blogger destroy’s WordPress by offering users 20 GB of space for $5/year while WP.com offers users 5GB of space for about $20/year (note: the options become worse for us WP fans the higher up we go).

3) Video Hosting
If image hosting wasn’t bad enough, the video options alone will make one weep when you consider that WordPress charges users $60/year to use VideoPress–a fee that does not include any extra space.
BlogSpot fans on the other hand are offered video uploading for free (thanks to Google Video), with no limits on space.
4) Themes: Free for thee, but not for me?!
Despite Blogger’s popularity, WordPress (to my knowledge) still has more custom themes than its Google rival. However a new trend that I am noticing is that many premium WordPress themes are available for FREE (or very cheap) on Blogger.
One example (out of many) would be a premium WordPress theme called Church is available for $60 for WP fans. BlogSpot lovers however can get the same exact theme for free.
In fact there are many sites out there (like WordPress To Blogger) that convert premium WordPress themes to Blogger for free or very inexpensive prices (note: I am not sure how legal these businesses are, but thus far they seem to have faced little action against the original creators).
5) Security
This last point is probably debatable, but lets just face the facts: Google has one of the most secure platforms in the world.
Although WordPress.com and many hosting companies (such as Media Temple, Host Monster and GoDaddy) provide excellent security for their customers, the fact that Google can take on foreign hackers from semi-hostile nations speaks volumes about how tough their defenses are.
So is Blogger better than WordPress?
Answer: That depends on who you ask. ;-)
Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...