This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

Musical Architecture...: Zo!'s Top Five Moments of 2011 - #5 The Co-Signing of "Flight Of The Blackbyrd" by Original Member Of The Blackbyrds, Allan Barnes

Musical Architecture...: Zo!'s Top Five Moments of 2011 - #5 The Co-Signing of "Flight Of The Blackbyrd" by Original Member Of The Blackbyrds, Allan Barnes

You should go read it... Here's an excerpt of what he said...Very happy to see him and the rest of FE get recognized for their work...In case you DIDN'T KNOW, Zo! has HIS OWN BLOG, which is where I got this from...



I need to ask him about hearing "Flight Of the Blackbyrd" from SunStorm!! A friend of mine and GFM drummer, Tate McBroom told me that he played the record for him a few months prior... Being an original Blackbyrd, I was anxious to hear his opinion first-hand...


Me: I've been meaning to ask you about this for a minute.... Have you heard the "Flight Of the Blackbyrd" joint?


Allan Barnes: What? Your joint?


Me: Yeah... The one that just came out last year.


AB: Oh yeeeeeeeah!! That's the SHIT man!!


Me: *Trying my best not to attempt a back flip that I know I can't execute*


It was probably the shortest and most direct approval I had ever received, but it didn't lessen how humbled I was, especially being as though the only other song I have ever received praise for from the original artist was my cover of "Star Of the Story" by Heatwave... Of course as soon as I got off the phone with AB... I passed the positive news along to Phonte.
Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...