This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

He Drunk dialed Dwight Howard though?? >> Magic CEO Bob Vander Weide resigns, Alex Martins promoted - Central Florida News 13

Magic CEO Bob Vander Weide resigns, Alex Martins promoted - Central Florida News 13

"It was a good long run for 20 years," said Vander Weide on a phone call to BHSN's David Baumann. "I originally committed for three years and stayed another 17. I'm very proud of the last four years. Especially, a trip to the finals a couple of years ago and winning season after winning season."

He began his career with the Magic in 1992 as vice president of basketball operations. His contract with the Magic runs through Dec. 31. Vander Weide will remain with the Magic in a consulting role.

"This move allows me to be more of a fan than an executive," Vander Weide noted.

Vander Weide confirmed that he made a 1 a.m. phone call in recent days to Magic superstar Dwight Howard, and Howard thought Vander Weide may have been intoxicated. On that call, Vander Weide told Howard how much the Magic wanted to keep him in Orlando.

"I was playing paddle with friends and had a couple of glasses of wine," Vander Weide told BHSN. "Maybe Dwight thought it was inappropriate to talk business after a couple of glasses of wine... Maybe I should have waited until the morning."

Howard and Vander Weide have always had a solid relationship, according to Vander Weide.

"We have a very good relationship," he said, also noting that Dwight's intentions are to see the Magic improve this season. "I have a pretty clear understanding where Dwight's head is and that's between him and this organization."

Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...