This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

Famed Philadelphia Sportswriter Bill Conlin Accused Of Child Sex Abuse, Quits Newspaper | Fox News

Famed Philadelphia Sportswriter Bill Conlin Accused Of Child Sex Abuse, Quits Newspaper | Fox News


Damm...Not even a fan of the man either....but damm...


A longtime sports columnist for the Philadelphia Daily News has quit the newspaper as he faces allegations he molested three girls and a boy during the 1970s.

Bill Conlin, an award-winning columnist, reporter and television commentator, resigned Tuesday from the newspaper where he had worked for more than four decades, the Philadelphia Inquirer said in a report on the allegations that it published online Tuesday afternoon.

Three women and a man have come forward accusing 77-year-old Conlin of groping and fondling them decades ago when they were ages 7 to 12, the Inquirer reported.

"This is a tragedy," Kelley Blanchet, a niece of Conlin's, told the Inquirer in explaining how Conlin allegedly molested her as a girl. "People have kept his secret. It's not just the victims, it's the victims' families. There were so many people who knew about this and did nothing."

Conlin's attorney, George Bochetto, said his client "is obviously floored by these accusations, which supposedly happened 40 years ago. He has engaged me to do everything possible to bring the facts forward to vindicate his name."

Conlin, who was born in Philadelphia and grew up in Brooklyn, N.Y., attended Temple University in Philadelphia prior to joining the Evening Bulletin and later the Daily News in 1965.

Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...