This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

Chester McGlockton, Former Oakland Raider, Dies at 42 Of Heart Attack

Chester McGlockton, Former Oakland Raider, Dies at 42 Of Heart Attack

More at the link but this was the part that I found REALLY INTERESTING/think folks have forgotten...


McGlockton was listed at 335 pounds toward the end of his NFL career. In 2007, he had LapBand surgery to shed weight, and lost about 60 pounds. In an interview with the San Jose Mercury news in 2007, he discussed the toll his NFL career had taken on his body. "I still get stingers, and I haven't played in five years, " he said. "I shot my toe up so many times I can barely move it. The (Lap-Band) surgery helped tremendously, it makes me eat like I'm supposed to. But I still can't work out or go run. It just hurts too much. What's scary is I'm only 39. God forbid when I get to 50, 60. I'm just hoping I can walk."
Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...