This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

(Video/Movie Trailer) You're Nobody 'til Somebody Kills You..dir. by Spike Lee protégé’ Michael A. Pinckney.


















 I see that they were still taking 'soundtrack submissions' for this flick as of Aug. 31st so I think it is safe to assume we may get this film by 4th quarter or maybe the beginning of the year. This trailer uses Biggie's song of the same title which of course is what drew me to the video. I see my girl Suzette Gunn is involved in the project as well as Big Daddy Kane.

Plot is listed below.








"New York, NY –”You’re Nobody ’til somebody kills you”, a Hip Hop
thriller Executive Produced by Spike Lee and written and directed by his
protégé’ Michael A. Pinckney.

“You’re Nobody ‘til somebody kills you” is an action packed and gritty
story of two New York City homicide detectives that are forced into the
high-stakes world of the hip hop industry. A complex web of murder, sex,
money and music unfolds as the homicide detectives track a serial killer with
an appetite for some of hip hop’s biggest stars.

Detective Charles Johnson a twenty-seven year veteran of the New York
City Police force is on the heals of retirement when a killer strikes. The
murders are not random acts of violence however; they’re by the hands
of a serial killer whose victims happen to be some of the Rap industry’s
biggest stars.

In an effort to catch the killer, Joseph Francelli, a young and hip detective
from the special divisions is brought onto the case to assist Detective
Johnson in protecting Manchild, a rising star, struggling with the decline of
hip hop, causing him to re-evaluate his life.

The film concludes with the detectives bringing the killer to justice in this
urban thriller with an unexpected twist at the end, in true Hitchcockian
grandeur."


You can check out some more of Michael A. Piinkney's work on his Vimeo page..


BNM Demo Reel from Michael A. Pinckney on Vimeo.









Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...