This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

""I am sure that he will not take offense and that he'll be happy to accept my apology because he is a man Rep Apologizes for Obama Tar Baby Comment

Rep Apologizes for Obama Tar Baby Comment

----------________---------

The shit that falls outta folks mouths.....smh



GOP Rep. Doug Lamborn of Colorado has apologized to President Obama for using the controversial phrase "tar baby" in a talk-radio discussion of the president's economic policies (specifically, "I don't want to be associated with him. It's like touching a tar baby and you get it, you're stuck").
According to the Huffington Post, the term "tar baby" has origins going back to an 1881 Uncle Remus story by writer Joel Chandler Harris and can be used to imply that a situation is difficult to solve. It has recently developed more derogatory connotations related to African Americans.
Lamborn, who has been called the most conservative member of Congress, was of course only familiar with the "difficult to solve" definition. And he's already decided that the president will accept his apology, telling the Denver Post, "I am sure that he will not take offense and that he'll be happy to accept my apology because he is a man of character."
The Tea Partier may be right. With a record of voting to the right of 96 percent of his colleagues on economic issues and 93 percent on social issues, Lamborn's poor choice of words (he says in retrospect that he would have used "quagmire" instead) reflects badly on his judgment and vocabulary (and perhaps his subconscious), but it's probably the least of the president's problems with him.
Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...