This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

With the pending release of "Dear Friends..." by @FEofficial in two days, I felt a recap of the group here

was in order. (It comes out on the 28th of June) So that when I begin to talk about it after I GET MY COPY/HEAR IT/TALK ABOUT IT, you will at least have a backdrop. @ those of you who will be 'new' to me speaking on 'em. If you want to know my thoughts AFTER I WITNESSED THE SHOW live, you can go here.


(Phonte, Sy Smith and Jeanne Jolly respectively in Philly..)

You can start HERE where I actually spoke about the weekend 'Dear Friends' was conceived...Here is a piece and you can read the rest at the link....

(Chris Boerner and Nicolay in Philly) 


Another installment of the 'Chat Series'....Mini chat time... @FEOfficial (@phontigallo & @nicolaymusic)

Remember when said 'I asked some of the questions some you loyal fans wanted to know..' in  the post I made on the concert in Durham that took place on February 20th 2011? Those questions ya'll always hit me with when it comes to The Foreign Exchange and their members that I said I would ask. Well here they are. I took the top three questions and made sure I asked them. Nothing TOO EVASIVE. Nothing too silly. Nothing too 'revealing'. Not my style at all. I just wanted to make sure I got ya'll some of the information that you asked for that I couldn't DEFINITIVELY answer without speaking to them. Here you go. Enjoy.




*Please bare in mind.....This is all 'small talk' so don't think for one minute I THINK it was a full on interview. @ all you 'professional bloggers/interviewers/big wig people. I didn't think it then and I MOST CERTAINLY DON'T THINK THAT NOW.  The conversation, while prefaced with 'Let me ask you some questions fam..' was NOT presented that way when I was speaking to them so there are parts chopped out. On PURPOSE. Deal with it. I wouldn't do them (or anyone else like that) @ any remarks that I think wouldn't be said 'on the record' or without it being known that it is ON THE RECORD. So anything I feel that may be taken the 'wrong way', I won't talk about while still giving out some information that may be 'useful' to someone who is interested in their work. Understood? Good. Still and all,  these gentlemen don't hold their tongues in ANY INTERVIEW I HAVE SEEN..lol  so don't think that if they didn't want it to be known, they would have said it. Are we crystal clear? Aight then. This 'information' is FOR MY READERS. If you happen to stumble upon (or read it via retweet via one of these gentlemen) the information GOOD FOR YOU. I am not calling it some 'scoop' or anything. They are just questions. Get off your own dick and formulate YOUR SHIT HOW YOU WANNA. This is MY SHIT. @ any questions about style, format or any of that other elitist bullshit ya'll get on when you didn't 'write it'.



Sorry about that ya'll. You ALREADY know how I am. Preemptive like a MOTHERFUCKER. So without further delay here is another installment of the 'Chat Series' if you will...Albeit brief...Only this one happened IN PERSON.

Question one was for Nicolay: 

The Warehouse: How in the WORLD is that you ended up working with a young Wiz Khalifa? How did that come about?

 Nicolay: That actually came about as an idea within the label. It was suggested that we work together and he was great to work with. Now mind you, Wiz was YOUNG...I am talking about twelve or thirteen...naw I'm kidding....but he was really young when I got to work with him....It is good to see him having success now after years of working....

The Warehouse:.....yeah..I think people think he just 'came outta nowhere'....He didn't. I STILL have emails from him when he was pushing his music via that medium.

http://thewarehous.blogspot.com/2011/02/another-installment-of-chat-seriesmini.html



http://carolinaware.tumblr.com/post/3527125520/i-took-the-time-to-chat-with-phonte-nicolay-in-durham

I put the Tumblr post up to show those of you who follow there that I did INDEED TELL you about it. LOL. So you can't say "You didn't tell me about that!". I did.




I take it you will you use the search button and the side bar to find out what else I have written on them. There are well over 30 posts on them here alone. You can use the tags in the post to help too. Enjoy.
Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...