This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

So I am watching Jimmy King on ESPN First Take..I have a QUESTION FOR THOSE OF YOU..




...'REJOICING IN the glory that is the comments made by Jalen and Co moreso than the actual actions.

Well...more like a question and a couple of comments....'Cause I could tell that Jalen's comments, although made in the present, were STEEPED IN THE PAST. He was telling a story.

 But what about Jimmy? I didn't get that vibe from Jimmy... I found out by watching this clip I wasn't wrong....

Look...I think those dudes did a GREAT JOB with being them AND I ENJOYED watching them. I am the same age as they are btw...That is important. Meaning I UNDERSTAND what they are saying. I lived through the time RIGHT WITH THEM. Like I said when I posted up Bobby Hurley's rebuttal to Jalen's comments, I always took it as they were speaking in past tense...This here sounds like Jimmy is speaking in the PRESENT. The past? I could see. You don't know 'em (The Duke players)..you are young...you may or may not have seen the World (I did see the doc, they took them to Europe. One off trip at the time...) so yeah...ignorance is bliss ad shit. Fuck the World when they don't look like me or act like me..recruit those like me....yadda..yadda..yadda...


But I have to ask this question here:

HOW IN THE HELL DOES ONE WHO CHOOSES TO GO TO A WHITE SCHOOL CALL ANOTHER MAN WHO CHOOSES TO GO TO A WHITE SCHOOL AN UNCLE TOM? What bizarro universe does that work in? Am I the only one who doesn't see the irony in that? I mean lets keep it funky, hood or whatever lil term you like to use, ALL OF THOSE SCHOOLS ARE WHITE SCHOOLS. Now Michigan was smart enough to try to keep that championship ball rolling (Shoutout to Loy Vaught, Glen Rice, Mr. Robinson...) and all of that but lets be real here. They didn't give a FUCK ABOUT THEM BOYS ON A RACIAL LEVEL. We saw that in the doc...Here you niggas go though. Eating up him calling the Duke boys 'Uncle Toms'...Niggas I tell ya....So smart you are stupid.. 

I loved the documentary. I like how it showed some of these young people what it was like when I was growing up. That doesn't mean I have to 'clap to' everything that was said. Doesn't mean I have to be 'hating on 'em' either so I don't wanna hear that. I would just like for there to be some balance. 

.

Lets not act like Duke or Michigan or UNC (who is MY TEAM and you SAW HOW FAR THEY RAN AWAY FROM JOHN WALL once he got into trouble...) are HBCUS either or recruiting kids like 'us' either on a LARGE SCALE. By and large, you may slip one or two knuckleheads in there but unless you are the U (Miami), you aren't doing that. So while it was mighty 'generous' of Michigan to recruit all five, coming off that chip with Glen Rice/Loy Vaught and 'em, lets not act like the Fab Five choose a 'black school' or that the school that chose them was any more 'black friendly' without some hidden agenda. You saw those booster letters. You saw that ban they put on that man after it all 'shook out' @ Chris. Yeah...what were you saying about Michigan 'letting them be them'/'them forcing their way into being them'? You see they tried to erase that shit. Wonder why? I'll take a stab at it.....They didn't want those 'black kids' messing up their rep. That's why. I'd rather have Duke NOT RECRUIT ME than get used and shunned after I BOUGHT MONEY AND FAME to my school of choice WITHOUT EVEN HAVING TO WIN A CHIP. You guys aren't looking at it like that I guess though....

They stayed in state to attend another WHITE POWER SCHOOL that eventually did to them what they thought Duke was implying by not recruiting them. Snubbed them. That is the issue I want to bring up today. This notion that 'choosing Michigan' was somehow less of an 'Uncle Tomish' act than choosing Duke...if that is what we are calling it is a bit nearsighted in my opinion. Give them credit for being them while they were there, FOR STARTING THE TRENDS THEY DID, for playing organized streetball with ball movement and all of that and for still getting 'theirs' FOR SURE. But lets not lose sight of the fact that they sure didn't pick a black school to go ball at.....

Cause if you REALLY THINK ABOUT IT, the very next question from an INTELLIGENT PERSON not 'vested in sports' (or from one who is TRULY ON THAT BLACK POWER SHIT...) will ALWAYS BE.....

So you didn't go to a SWAC SCHOOL WHY AGAIN? Or one in the MEAC? Oh.....You went to the white school? Oh....

Just saying...(shrugs)...


Now I am not an idiot. Those schools aren't 'good'. They don't pay. You'd have to win the conference JUST TO GET ON TV in the Big Dance. You gotta get yours. Its interesting though. Some people have found their way from there to the NBA...One of played for A TEAM IN THE STATE THAT YOU PLAYED COLLEGE BALL IN. But okay...COOL you did what you had to do. Remember though, that is always a valid question if we are talking about 'just how black are you?" Despite what these 'get yours' mofos out here are preaching. That doesn't change the validity of the question...I have often wondered how black athletes can make statements about 'where others come from' in ANY CONTEXT, talk that 'I'm from the Hood' and yet not support the VERY SCHOOLS THAT WERE THE ONLY ONES US BLACK/MINORITIES WERE ALLOWED TO GO TO? Lets not act like no one famous has ever went to those schools and made it either. Jerry Rice ring a bell? John Taylor? Oh here is one...WALTER PAYTON? Yes, they are football players...my question is why not in basketball? (Not that there aren't successful HBCU basketball players..)


Hell, it isn't even the statement 'Uncle Tom'  BOTHERS ME.You can call them all the names you want. It's Duke. My team is Carolina. I am also not a fool. We aren't recruiting Blacktop or Ricky from the hood on the reg either...(Shouts out to Ed Cota and Brian Reese...)


Could you imagine if five TALENTED FRESHMAN did what they did AT A BLACK SCHOOL? You think that Fab Five shit was great....(and it was..)...that shit would be EPIC.. I mean them doing by choice. Not because it is the only option. Because they want to help bring shine to all of those  who get their assed waxed by the Dukes of the World in that 16 vs 1 game.....if they even get outta the play-in game at this point...

So go ahead...GET ALL RILED UP 'CAUSE JALEN said what pretty much we all at least thought about Christian. Go ahead and get AMPED because he called kids that went to Duke 'Uncle Toms'. But I am gonna ask you like I am asking them...


WHEN ARE WE GONNA START GOING TO OUR SCHOOLS TO SEEK THAT 'REVENGE'? 'Cause lets keep it funky, if you aren't going to a 'HBCU', you aren't going to a 'black' school so how much can you say about who chooses to go to a 'white' school WHEN YOU GO TO ONE YOURSELF? 


Oh it is about the money, a shot at the League and getting out...OKAY THEN....Fuck ya'll knocking other niggas for doing the same then? @ knocking Grant, Thomas Hill, Corey Maggette, William Avery, Carmen Wallace and any other black player that went to Duke. These niggas gotta march to the beat of your drum now? Fuck outta here.

And before you niggas come running up on me with the list of the foundations, funds and such that they have started or contributed to, I NEVER SAID THEY DIDN'T GIVE BACK TO THE COMMUNITY. MIGHT WANNA RE-READ WHAT I SAID JACK. What I am saying is lets not act like there wasn't more that could be done in the way of TRULY SAYING FUCK YOU TO THE WHITE MAN if that is what ya'll wanna make this about. That is what I am saying.....I know how we get. We pat each other on the back the minute we think we have done something and all of the sudden, no one can question folks because they did good. Fuck that. That is why the white people win. They can TELL EACH OTHER 'Hey Jim, you saved the crops this year but you DO KNOW THAT YOU COULD HAVE DONE MORE right? We will award you this year but the fight isn't done...Sit your ass down and stop sticking out your chest like you have done something. This shit is over...' We can't seem to do that. We have a GREAT DEAL OF TROUBLE DOING IT.

You niggas slay me...I swear....smh.
Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...