This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

Might wanna pull your pants up if you are in Florida....Bill passes banning 'sagging'...

I can HEAR THE OUTCRY from here..(Although it has actually been in discussion and the outcry was GREAT FROM THE OUTBREAK..)


Link:

Great intentions with this law one would think right? Some of the 'language' was purposely not made inflammatory. Too bad they messed it by EXPLAINING things in detail when asked...smh...


"This pro-family, pro-education, pro-jobs bill provides each school district ... adopt a student dress code of conduct, a policy that explains to each student their responsibility," she said. "This would make for a better school district and more productive students."

"Although no rigidly academic analysis of the history of 'sagging' has yet been conducted, it is commonly thought that 'sagging' originated in prisons where belts are not issued because they may be used to commit suicide or used as weapons. The lack of belts combined with loose, ill-fitting pants result in pants falling below the waist."


Now they would have been fine if THIS were the only thing they said...Maybe...I mean lets face it, we are talking about mainly minorities and the lower class of people @ who this is aimed at. Now I am actually not a PROPONENT of cats running around with their ass hanging out. I am also not a proponent of bullshit like this being blown up my ass as to why I should be okay with the bill. Just say what it is. You want people to be dressed a certain way. Don't tell me this 'It is better for the economy' bullshit....Or at least insult me less by phrasing it like this...


Capitol gadfly Brian Pitts said committee members would be remiss if they viewed the legislation simply as a sagging pants bill. "The bill says proper attire, it doesn’t say anything about saggy pants," he said, adding that it's necessary these days when students are trying to dress like Beyonce, Madonna and Lady Gaga.
"Set a standard that’s proper, and Lady Gaga can stand outside, Madonna can stay outside, Beyonce can stay outside. All those other people can stay outside ... Oh, by the way, (rapper) 50 Cent can stay outside too."

....Cause when I read shit like this.....I don't believe you again. That girl got raped by savage ass dudes because THEY WEREN'T SHIT. Period. I wouldn't let my 11 year old run around that way but to PIN THAT ON WHY SHE GOT RAPED IS ABSURD. Seen too many types of rapists to pin it on dudes wearing sagging pants. Professional ones. Scraggly looking white dudes. Corporate white and black dudes. Old men. Men of the Cloth. Yeah...you get the point. I don't see you dress coding them. Sorry. Thanks for playing though. @ this absurd shit.

"There was an article about an 11 year old girl who was gangraped in Texas by 18 young men because she was dressed like a 21-year-old prostitute," she said. "And her parents let her attend school like that. And I think it’s incumbent upon us to create some areas where students can be safe in school and show up in proper attire so what happened in Texas doesn’t happen to our students."


Like I said...might wanna pull your pants up in Florida. This is their 'excuse' to get you hemmed up....Which I guess means ultimately, they get what they want. @ people not doing this. Damm shame it has to be done in this fashion...
Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...