This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

The 'Father'/Son cypher from the BET Hip Hop Awards....

Mixed reviews from my timeline. In particular from those 'in the game' currently, depending on demo & age...My personal opinion? I thought it was cool. I don't really 'go in' on Jo Jo 'cause there is no need. So no jokes from me. I kinda see him as his brother's manager anyway. I mean, if you watched the show, he TOLD YOU DIGGY was better basically. You just chose not to believe him. lol Not his fault. Rev did the thing. His way. I like how he didn't try to 'adapt' to a younger 'way' of rapping. He did was he does. He is a LEGEND. Don't forget that.



Share:

1 comments:

mindpinball said...

Since I watched 0% of the show, I'll put my two cents in on this particular snippet. I liked it, thought it was well done. Nice seeing the "old men" hang in with the young'uns. I've heard a bit of Diggy, the boy has some serious talent for a kid his age. I didn't even know Cube had sons rapping...they were alright too. As you say the Rev is a legend, and he did what he does.

Sorry for the rambling, but a final point: who saw the original "doughboy", the one-time "wrong ni**a to f**k with" becoming a family-friendly movie star? Proof that times change and people grow...

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...