This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

Twitter Person of the Week- The Real Priority (Priority 302)


I normally like to write the bios but as of late I have been running across some REALLY CREATIVE PEOPLE. They sum it up so nicely that I am almost 'forced' to use what they wrote to describe themselves. This time is no exception.

Born and raised in Wilmington, Delaware, the youngest of three children. With Irish, Indian and African American running through her veins. What a beautiful mixture of cultures merged together to create the tomboyish yet slightly girl like demeanor. The lucky libra is known to most as Priority the BIG DREAMER or by the infamous alias “Snow Dillinger”. Shalynn White continues to prove that “Nothing is impossible, unless you believe it is.” After a year hiatus she’s back to head on a new venture, ironically named I.A.D.D ‘In A Dreamers Dreams’..........

I am going to make you go DOWN BELOW to read the rest of her bio...Her blog.


http://www.thatrashkann.com/about.php



I am going to tell you my absolute favorite thing about her. She is not really one to get hyped because you are down with such and such....or prone to like your music, pictures, photos just because of 'who you are'. I love that. Truly. I am sure the ones that she gives harsh criticisms to DON'T but you have to respect that. Just because she knows YOU, she doesn't give your peoples the automatic 'co-sign'. She comes and sees what they are all about herself. Like me. I dig that. I mean there is something to be said for 'If they are cool with you then they are cool with me..' but there is a point. She gets to that point FROM THE DOOR. I like that. Sincerely.


She also has a 'unique' sense of humor....That is not a DISS either. I wouldn't put her up here if I wanted to diss her so miss me with that shit. I think it is MORE THAN OKAY that she can be HERSELF. More of you should try it out.




Peep the vids..Yes that is HER in the videos...









You should follow her.

Twitter


Oh did I mention she interviews people???

I didn't? My bad....Go here....

See what she did here with my boy Matty Gate$ of OT Records....

Priority: Who is Matty Gates?

M.Gates: Matty Gate$ is a man with a dream, a go getter, self motivated businessman that loves music and takes pleasure in putting his team in situations that will have positive results for them as artists and people. A person who enjoys making things happen that others could never even imagine. There is a classic quote that I love it goes “There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why… I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?”

Priority: When was OTRecords established?

M.Gates: OT Records was founded by 2 of my friends the late great Artega Green and His brother Burtran Marshall in 01.The foundation was laid then by artists like Titanic, Shizz Nitty, Pretty Thugger, Mouliano, Skinny Blonk, Smooth, and Keena with the release of the cd from the Ground Up which is still a highly sought after cd to this day in the city of Wilmington. They both ran into legal difficulties and the labels growth was hindered. So the label was stagnant for a period of time. From 03 to 08.The original members kept recording during this time and started there own various imprints like dump city and the concord ave Movement being the most notable. Shizz Nitty remained an OT artist during the whole time period choosing to wave the OT Flag during these trying years. Shizz Nitty and myself decided to reestablish the label in summer of 08 and it’s been on ever since. Hats the short version. We are all family beyond music family ties between us were formed before becoming teenagers. We are talking life long friendships. Artega green was falsely imprisoned by the federal govt from 03 to 09 and his conviction was over turned on the basis of his constitutional rights being violated. He was released the fall of 09 and was home for a month before he was tragically killed. R.I.P. Art we love you. We are just waiting on Burt to come home so we can all get back to working together and continue to grow as a company and he can see the results of what him and art started so many years ago.

Priority: What motivated you to start a recording label?

M.Gates: I’ve always been a passionate about Hip-hop music probably the biggest and longest running love affair of my life. When Shizz and myself were discussing the idea of bringing back OT we realized that there was a local market for quality home grown music. When we spoke to Art and Burt they were both more than excited so we went with it and went hard. I also wanted to establish a legitimate business that they could come home to and not be associated with things some may have accused them of being involved with. The goal was having a successful multifaceted company of our own. As well as an outlet for all the talented people that are from here. As well as being taken seriously in and outside of Delaware as a legitimate Label. Producing Music that’s not only is a factor in Delaware and the tri sate but compete with all the major labels in the industry today.......


Read more here...
Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...