This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

Oh great...now I have to endure 'Everybody is a lawyer' weekend...T.I. & Tiny's arrest..

(Insert here the glossy picture of T.I. and Tiny that you would normally see here in your mind. You don't need it. You ALREADY KNOW WHO THEY ARE.)


By the time most of you get to my little space on the Internet, you will have heard that T.I. (Clifford Harris) and Tiny Cottle (his wife) were arrested in West Hollywood, CA. So I am not really typing this up to break THAT.

I am typing this as more of a PSA about the coming next couple of weeks. I mean, OBVIOUSLY we are going to talk about it. I am doing that RIGHT NOW. I just bemoan the next couple of weeks in the places that I frequent like oh...THE INTERNET...the barbershop...and the various events that I have planned....and just about everywhere else I go.

Oh it is going to be grand. The conversation will be standard fare at first. About how 'dumb' his (T.I.) actions are. The usual (and again RIGHTFULLY SO) 'What was he thinking?". The it was 'just a little bit of (insert substance). They should leave him alone. They should lock him up. This I can deal with. Either way. I am cool with that. It is the following that I take issue with 'cause it turns into more of a 'convincing' me to think this way thing. It will start to take a strange turn. It NEVER FAILS. We ALWAYS end up going down this path when subjects like this come up...


The non condoning of his acts while probably partaking in the same substances he allegedly had on him at the time in establishments that CLEARLY should not have such substances present. Creating a situation that could ultimately cost the BUSINESS OWNER (who doesn't partake in it usually) the WHOLE BUSINESS. That won't stop the 'soapboxing' though as it is only dumb if you get caught doing it.

There will be stories about the time 'such and such' got locked up. What happened to them. Some of it will be personal. Not all of it will be true but the personal accounts might be. There will be some embellishment though. Some omitted details for sure. Spin. Not out and out lies. Just things that if you don't know about that 'World', you won't ask. Things that can be said, again if you don't know that 'World', that make you not question what that person is saying because they get 'loud and condescending' with their words. Some will try to make you feel 'inferior' if you don't know about that World period. Which I find hilarious and is a WHOLE OTHER POST. As if by not knowing of that World INTIMATELY, you are some less of a person or less real. If you INTIMATELY know then you know. If you don't, you don't. There are some pretty 'standard' things that go with it though and to ignore them based on whether you not you 'know INTIMATELY' or not is just asinine on EITHER SIDE OF THINGS.

Some of the people (hell most of them) I will know and will have a LITTLE MORE PERSONAL inside knowledge about the situations than 'the streets', hood legend or someones best boy 'cause I WAS AROUND TO LIVE TO SEE IT. So I will actually remember WHAT HAPPENED. I will remember 'that person being out on bail'. I will remember how they looked IN COURT. Those mugshots that showed 'fear' and whatnot. All of the 'fifth and six hand' accounts though will be out in full force the next couple of weeks though.

People will start speaking about how Tiny needs to say 'it was hers' and all will be well. As if it is really that simple. Again, we will go back to the 'stories' of situations that NONE OF US were there for. Heard 5th, 6th and 7th hand. They are all eerily the same too.

"When they pulled them over...my boy told him 'He had to take that...' So he did and the Cops believed him even though they found the (insert drug here) under HIS SEAT. Even though HE SMELLED OF WEED the strongest.. " Yeah...sure you're riiiight..- Barry White.

Same Cops that are corrupt right? Same Cops we see on the First 48 conning cats into 'telling the truth' with the (gasps) facts.

There will be the standard 'everybody knows that in situations like this XYZ' and that regardless of money/lawyers/etc, his outcome will be the same. There will also be whispers about what he must have 'said' if he doesn't do it EXACTLY how it is done for the 'common' man. Even the common 'drug dealer w/money' man. Which I never understood because the Police don't give a shit about your 'neighborhood' stature in that context. That is NOT A POSITIVE. When saying 'He/she is 'active' in the community, getting drug paper, whipping fast cars and fucking a lot of bitches ISN'T THE TYPE OF THING THAT GETS YOU OFF WITH THE JUDGE. It may give you 'hood status' AND YOUR PEERS MAY LOVE YOU but in the eyes of the Law, these THINGS DON'T MATTER. So that negates your 'money' in this case because it is all ILLEGAL. All money is green but the way you get it IS LOOKED AT in the court of law will be VIEWED DIFFERENTLY if that is HOW YOU GET ALL OF YOUR MONEY. But this will all be lost in this. Of course. He MAKES waaaaaaay more selling records and being in movies than he EVER DREAMED OF MAKING trapping. You are a fool if you don't believe otherwise. He isn't just some okay rapper with a Gold plague.

Oh the nigga level will be at LEVEL 5 in the coming days...

This isn't even defending Clifford or those around him either. Even if he didn't smoke it, he can't be around it to be accused of it.

What was he supposed to do, not go out? Who does that? Who lives like that? (Insert the rest of the statements that go with this:

MOTHERFUCKERS WHO DON'T LIKE GOING TO JAIL BECAUSE THEY ARE ALREADY AN EIGHT TIME FELON, that's who. You would think mofos with misdemeanors wouldn't EITHER but yeah....So I don't 'feel bad' for him. (I am a fan of his music and him as a person too btw). I can't feel bad for him. He KNOWS what he has to do. Where he can and can't be. Those around him do too.

If you are one of those people who 'like jail', this doesn't apply to you. Understand that I won't be contributing in ANY WAY though to your cause though. You want to be there. I am not wearing a 'Free (Insert name)' anything. Not going to one damm bbq. Damm sure not chipping in on bail. You want to be there. See you when you get out. You like it, I love it.

Now again, I know some of you live by a different 'code' than I do. So this might be where we 'part ways'. Okay. Good. (Chunks a deuce) Wish you the best.

I haven't seen anyone 'win' playing that way btw...Good luck though.

Denial isn't just a river...It is a heavily populated 'town' where some seem to have taken permanent residents yet swear they don't live there.

And I thought Hurricane Earl was gonna be my biggest worry this weekend....
Share:

1 comments:

AssertiveWit said...

hahhahhahha I laughed the entire time I was reading this! Clifford Harris is one of my favorite entertainers but yeah...if you're on probation you might not even wanna take a piss in your own grass. I do illegal things EVERY DAY so I would never be so bold as to say "he's wrong for hotboxing with his chick". He just made a VERY stupid decision with his wife in tow and now...he'll have to suffer the consequences. And no, I will not be shouting "FREE T.I." to the rooftops. LOL

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...