This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

State City Music Weekend...Hip Hop Summit. Dover, Delaware July 25th, 2010










Now I can hear you some of you 'sucking your teeth' already. A Hip Hop summit in DOVER, DELAWARE? Why? Well if you KNOW YOUR HIP HOP and you follow like that 'elitist' thought you just had in your mind, you will IMMEDIATELY recognize some of the names I am about to mention. If you don't recognize them (along with their pictures)or the companies they represent, then you might not know as much about the genre (or music because they are not just limited to hip hop) as you thought you did.








One of the panelist was Mr. Jayson Rodriguez. You may have seen him on MTV. Sucker Free. Micheal Jackson's FUNERAL. ALL OVER MTV. He is a Delaware native. Google him if you don't know who he is. Or start here..

http://thewarehous.blogspot.com/2009/12/twitter-person-of-week-pt2-j-rod.html
. I definitely wanted to come down to see what my boy Jayson was going to say. He even cleared up just exactly how MTV 'decides' who gets on. I will give you a hint. You have to pay your dues. It is very RARE for them to feature an artist without that. This doesn't mean that they are not WATCHING YOU THOUGH. So all of you artists out there keep doing your thing.







These three gentleman pictured above are DEFINITELY people to know. Richard Mahee (Stars Confidential), Brian Calhoun (VP of New Media & External Affairs for SoundExchange) and Rich Nichols (Manager of the Legendary Roots Crew). They spoke on a range of topics including, how to properly use the Internet as a medium, what your chances are of actually GETTING ON and how to get paid for your work among other things.





The event was hosted by none other than Grouchy Greg Watkins. Another Delaware native. I have known him for well over twenty years counting school. He DEFINITELY knows his stuff. He is one of the founding member of AllHipHop.com. He offered up PLENTY OF INSIGHT in regards to his own trials and tribulations.




Here are a couple of flicks from the day's events. It was definitely an informative panel that gave 'frank discussions' in regards to artist development, getting started in the business, success rates, business preparation and many more of the ins and outs of the music business from the artist's perspective.











Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...