This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

OT Records...On Deckery 2...The review...


I am just gonna jump right into it. The mixtape will be available on http://www.datpiff.com/ Sunday. Locally in Delaware you will be able to pick it up at Wonderland on Main St. in Newark, One Stop, Skip's Book on 4th St. (Wilmington), Cave Man Apparel, Sam's (Newark) and at all the local hot barbershops in town.





The CD itself is a must have. I will not 'ruin' the skits for you by reviewing them nor will I give away a lot of the songs content. I will speak on SOME OF THE TRACKS.

From the beginning of the CD, you can get a chilling view of what is to come. The beat comes on and Shizz gets right to work. (R.I.P. Art) Lets you know who is on board with some shout outs. Props to Matty Gate$ and Bran for the order of this joint by the way. It is perfect. Nothing seems out of place. If flows. Skits are on point and all of that.

The CD starts off with two Rick Rock beats that set the stage of what is to come. 'Pay Me' is a song that is kinda near and dear to me 'cause I had a chance to hear it early. It features the person I am happy people will finally get to hear. Keena. Shizz does the hook and spits fire. Then out of nowhere it seems, Keena comes in and puts the nail in the coffin. Only to have Shizz come right back and pull it back out. The beat is BIG. Big like you would think a 'known' producer did it. Well, if Rick Rock keeps doing beats like the ones he has contributed here, he will be known. I will remember his name for sure.

'I Got It' is next. This is a banger produced by Sap the Beatman. He is next and the song is a winner for sure.

'Oh Let's Do'
It is an 'freestyle' by none other than Clark Bar and Chuck50. They DO what was supposed to be done over that Wacka Flocka beat. Spit hot fire over it. You can feel the emotion in their words and they spin a tale or two on how they get down.

'Rapstar' is another freestyle. This time over Gucci Mane's beat and starring Shizz Nitty. If you are from around here, you KNOW EXACTLY who this song is about. There is "Facebook" story behind this joint that I promise I am going to get Shizz himself to retell one day for me on 'record'. I watched it unfold but I want him to tell you in his words. Or you could just listen to the song and pick up the clues. Definite diss record and surely not made up.

'How 'Bout It' is a song that PEEDI CRACK wanted to get on. That is all I am going to say. That should tell you everything you need to know. He ASKED to be on the song. The song is fire. Period. The song was fire BEFORE he got on it actually. 5th Ward & Shizz did their thing. It is flames now.

'Snap' features Clark Bar (As I call him 'The Voice'. Just listen to him rap. You will understand.) on the hook with Shizz spitting.


Clark & Keena are up next to give you a whole new perspective on a Rihanna song I hate honestly. I literally never listened to 'Rude Boy' more than once. I left it be. As a result, I didn't KNOW what song it was they killed. I had to look it up. They completely redid the hook and all of that with great results. "I'm Back"


'Bad Bitch' featuring Shizz, Chuck50 and Keena is just one of those songs that shows you they are into more than just one thing. I think Chuck50 might surprise a few on this track. Keena once again damm steals the show and Shizz does what Shizz does.

'Shake 'Em Off' is a track that I have been ranting and raving about for months. It is a song with production by Jahlil Beats. It is that good to me. Club banger. I could see the 'shakey girls' coming out to this joint right here or people leaving the bar to get their 'steps' in when it comes on.

'Hugs and Kisses from the Girls' by Sap the Beatman is SELF EXPLANATORY. Production AND rapping, Sap puts it down. He has a surprise for you later on though when he gets FREEWAY and Shizz Nitty to join him.

'My Life' by Chuck50 is a CHUCK50 AT HIS BEST. He is an killer. On the track that is. His lyrics will put you RIGHT THERE with him no matter what the subject matter. Same with Clark Bar. They both display this on 'My Life', 'Always Strapped' and 'Exercise'.

Shizz Nitty and P-Dot go in next on "BMF"....

All We Do Is Grind featuring Chuck50 and Shizz Nitty is a where you can see just why 'Chuck50 and Shizz' are down with each other. It shows on this track.

'Yamz' is JUST LIKE IT SOUNDS. Good. And yes it is about 'that'. Shizz and 5th Ward are talking about what they know.


"True Story" shows you exactly how Clark Bar gets down. If you have never heard him independently of the others, you should peep this out.

'Sox In Da Air' (Remix). The original started THINGS OFF for this last push that Shizz Nitty and OT Records got. Getting an official co-sign from the Philly Flamer, Meek Mill (Philly...215) just solidified that. This is not some 'added on' verse either. No need to wonder if he has been around 'OT Records' or was it a one time deal. No. (That's all I can tell you right now. Be patient.) He came through and RECORDED THAT JOINT FOR THE SONG. It also shows you how talented the other artists on the track are as they are not outshining each other. Everyone HOLDS THEIR OWN ON THAT TRACK. Period.

'100' just lets it be known. Period. Keyz has a nice track on his hands and Shizz puts his magic touch on it to finish it off. I'mma start calling Shizz 'Joe Hooker' if he keeps this 'hook' work up.




Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...