This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

Actually, this will raise more of the ire of the 'music snobs' who feel Drake abandoned them. Phonte collabo coming..



(Phonte performing with YahZarah, Darien Brockington and the rest of The Foreign Exchange in Philly at this year's Roots Picnic)

Seems Drake was on the Peter Rosenberg show today and promised a collaboration with Phonte Coleman. If you live under a rock, he is 1/3 (founding member)of the soon to be on 'hiatus' group Little Brother and a founding member of the Grammy nominated musical conglomerate known as The Foreign Exchange.




You can hear EXACTLY WHAT DRAKE SAID HERE...

Now I am going to give you a little insight on the 'backpackers being satisfied' comment that was given out by a certain MAJOR rap blog. As a member of the 'boards' over at OKP along with Mr. Coleman, there is a certain sentiment that Drake is a bit of a 'sellout' for going 'mainstream'. You see, many of those same people rode for Drake before when he was doing records with the likes of Phonte, Tanya Morgan, etc, etc. Once he no longer did records with them, the 'underground backlash' started on Drake there and other places. (No, I am by no means saying it is all about OKP. He is hated in other places too!) So this move will be seen by most of them as a 'throwaway bone' that even if they like it, they will never publicly embrace. Hence the 'You happy now backpackers?" comment that got put up in regards to Drake's 'commercial acceptance'.

I think you have read my blog enough to know how I feel about Drake. I have no issue with the young boy. At all. He is who he is and I take him for that. Period. I am a bit of a music snob too but not nearly that extreme. I also can spot 'talent' (relative word I know) and any IDIOT WITH TWO EARS AND A PAIR OF EYES knew that once the 'rest of the World' got wind of the boy, he would no longer be 'the underground's little secret'. If you have been reading here, you also know my sentiments on one PHONTE COLEMAN. Hit the label at the end of this post or search him on the blog if you don't know. I HOPE AND PRAY that his talents get recognized in the same fashion and that he gets some success too! Even if it means that he is no longer our 'little secret'. Some of you snobs out there sound like some of these lost little 'boys' out here when it comes to dying and how they live. The goal is to LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST. Not die stupidly and honorably. Translation: The goal is for the artist we like TO GET RECOGNIZED. Even at the expense of the rest of the World 'having them' too. @ doing the songs that are needed to sell records so that they can live like we have all been saying they should be. With the fame and the fortune.

We don't know if the collaboration will happen but I personally look forward to it happening if it does.
Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...