This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

The Roots....Interview...Ms. DramaTV


He speaks on them being one of the first to deal with hip hop at age 40ish and the myth of hip hop being 'strictly youth based', which is what I have always maintained. Hip hop isn't old enough to say it is strictly youth based and WILL ALWAYS BE YOUTH BASED. It isn't old enough to make that claim. Yes, older heads have listened to it but this is truly the first generation to have actually COMPLETELY GROWN UP on hip hop. Not just picked it up when they were 20 years old and the like. @ those who are older that loved hip hop but put it down after they hit this point. We (yes, I am in that generation) GREW UP WITH HIP HOP. Period point blank. Probably not going to put it down if we are hardcore fans. Subject matter will change of course but the genre itself? No. lol

Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...