This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

Steelers draft picks for 2010...

I wanted to wait until the draft was done (and make sure we didn't do any trades) before I posted on our picks. I will also touch briefly on who else has 'returned' to us. A practice we NORMALLY don't partake in.


Let me say off top, I wanted Taylor Mays to be a Steeler. Obviously, I don't run the team and I AM FULLY AWARE HE CAN'T COVER. I just thought we could convert him or something. Or let him roam free with Troy being the disciplined one. But that would probably hurt Troy's game and not leave much time for Ryan Clark, who I like too! So I understand why we didn't get him. I also understand why Pete Carroll didn't draft him. He would know better than anyone now wouldn't he?

Round One: Maurkice Pouncey, OL, Florida

He will start off as a guard and learn the offensive line's calls so that he can one day be the center according to Coach Tomlin. I like the pick. We kept asking for a lineman so here we go.





Round Two: Jason Worilds, LB, Virginia Tech 6'1 254 lbs 4.6 40

We breed linebackers. You thought we wouldn't pick one high? We needed a youth injection there too. So here we go. Check the young man out.




Round Three: Emmanuel Sanders, SMU 5'11 186 lbs 4.4 40

I am not mad at the pick. Limas still hasn't proven himself and this guy just makes catches. You have to respect that. He had 98 catches last year







Round Four: Thaddeus Gibson, LB, Ohio State 6'2 243 4.7 40

Played end but will play LB for us. More depth. Can't have enough of that. Here is he getting some instructions.







Round Five: Chris Scott, OL, Tennessee 6'4 338 lbs

Again, you have seen the line. Even those that start need some backups. He should help us.





Round Five: Crezdon Butler, DB, Clemson 5'11 191 lbs 4.41 40

I waited and waited for us to draft a corner. Well, here is he is. The boy from Asheville, NC. The knock is that he doesn't 'dive into the pile' to make plays. If that is true, he is going to shed that creedo playing in Pittsburgh or he won't be playing. I will tell you what. He makes plays on the ball. We need that. We can help him with the rest dammit. He can return kicks too. Might be an ideal nickel or dime corner.







Round Five: Stevenson Sylvester, LB, Utah 6'2 231 4.7 40


Another linebacker! Not mad. Team captain at Utah.




Round Six: Jonathan Dwyer, RB, Georgia Tech HT: 5-11.5 229 lbs 40 4.64

I can't believe we drafted this cat. Not because he is not good. I just was surprised to see him available. Gets tough yards. Lord knows we need that. Got a little tired of seeing Mwelde Moore coming in on shortage situations.









Round Six: Antonio Brown, WR, Central Michigan 5'10 186 lbs 4.56 40

Another returner possibly. Special teamer and who knows, might make his way on the field at receiver. I feel like those last two spots are wide open.






Round Seven: Doug Worthington, DL, Ohio State

More depth at a position suffering in age and injuries. He could very well make the team as a 7th round pick. Seriously.
Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...