This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

Limas Sweed speaks..


I think he knows it is now or never...As we have not officially cut him yet.

Now with an opening at the wide out spot, one has to wonder if Limas Sweed is finally going to step up and earn his keep on the Steelers roster. Last season was a disaster for the former second-round pick, as a drop in week three in Cincy set off a terrible season that ended with him being placed on reserve/non injured list.


Link


Today though, the wide out was back on the field for the first time, as he finally practiced with the team for the first time since being put on the reserve list last season. He spoke through a statement about being excited to be back with the ball club.

“I am excited to be back on the field and back in the locker room with my teammates,” Sweed said in a statement issued through the ballclub before practice today. “I appreciate all the support I received from the Steelers organization while I dealt with some personal issues at the end of the 2009 season. I have been working diligently and I am focused on the remainder of the offseason in getting myself prepared to have a great 2010 season.”

He will likely have to push himself to even earn a roster spot, and if he does, he has to prove he can hold onto the ball and make plays. Here’s betting it’s his last chance with this team.
Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...