This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

Say it again Diggy- Number sign Jojo must feel like a proud brother, is all I gotta say.


Pretty sick of people telling everyone and their momma how someone else must feel. What niggas need to do is just say 'THAT IS HOW I WOULD FEEL..' 'cause that is what they really mean. Newflash though people, everybody doesn't get in their baby feelings and blame the World like you do.


Link

Looks like March is ending on a high note for Diggy Simmons. The teen rapper—who recently gained a strong buzz for his takes on Drake’s debut single “Over” and the Nas classic “Made You Look”—celebrated his 15th birthday on Sunday, but received the real icing on his cake yesterday when he announced his official signing to Atlantic Records.

Although Diggy says he had also received offers from Def Jam, Jive, Universal, and Epic, he shared with VIBE why he feels confident in his label choice.

“[Atlantic is] really hip to my vision and they work the way [artists] want to work by giving them a lot of creative freedom. And their team is amazing; everybody’s real cool and just as excited as me to get started on my project,” he says. “Honestly, I’m just super duper thankful for the opportunity that Atlantic gave me and every other label. I won’t even say that it was overwhelming. It was just surreal.”

Wondering what the details are of Diggy’s new venture? Ask the adults. “Honestly, I’m not even sure [how many albums I’m contracted to], that’s like what my lawyers and pops handle. I’m just making good music until they say stop and even after that I’ll just keep going [laughs].”

But it’s far too early for Diggy to worry about when his contract is up. Instead, Rev Run’s middle son is already thinking about label-mate collabos. “Lupe is my favorite hip-hop artist, so sharing a label is something to be excited about. I think Lykke Li would be a dope collaboration as well because I’ve always been a fan of hers and Trey Songz or Estelle would be really dope as well.”

As for the crass Twitter trending topic #JojoMustFeelLike that showed face the same day as Diggy’s signing, the young rapper stood unamused.

“Number sign Jojo must feel like a proud brother, is all I gotta say. Everything everybody was saying [about him being jealous]… he didn’t even feel that way. The jokes on them, cause they’re stupid. People always like to put a negative play on a positive thing. But he was super excited for me.”
Share:

2 comments:

AssertiveWit said...

I did laugh at some of the #Jojomustfeellike's but if anyone paid attention to the glimpse of The Simmon's lives, they aren't even raised to entertain such notions. Their entire family seemed far more stable than some people who grow up being jealous of others's abilities. I'm happy for the kid and I'm sure JoJo is too.

Carolinaware said...

I hate that I had to say it like I don't think a 'lil humor' is funny. @ the comments. I just had some cats in my timeline going hardbody on it two and three days later. lol

They do seem pretty well grounded albeit for the clips that we do see of them.

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...