This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

Rapist asks for a reduced sentence and judge lengths his sentence.

Be careful what you ask for. You need to read what he did before you just 'jump' on his side too. You probably won't though. As you were...



Link


A convicted rapist who asked the Indiana Court of Appeals to reduce his sentence instead got it extended by 25 years.

Thirty-five-year-old Jeffrey Akard of Peru had asked the judges to reduce his 93-year sentence to 40 years.
Advertisement

Instead they extended it to 118 years, citing the heinousness of the crime in which Akard held a homeless woman captive, zapped her with a stun gun and repeatedly raped her.

A state Supreme Court ruling last year reserved the power to increase sentences in unusual cases and noted the court had never done so.

Akard's attorney didn't immediately return a phone call seeking comment Wednesday.
Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...