This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

Natalie Randolph First Female High School Coach

Thoughts?


http://jockpost.com/natalie-randolph-female-high-school-football-head-coach/

The Washington Post is reporting that a press conference will be held today to announce the hiring of Natalie Randolph as the head football coach for Coolidge High School in Washington DC.

You heard that right, a woman is going to coach a boys varsity high school football team. Before you go chanting “publicity stunt” take a look at her credentials.

She was an assistant coach for Coolidge in 2006. She played for the now defunct women’s professional league DC Divas. The article states she was a wide receiver from 2004-2008. See the picture below. That’s her tackling the shit out of somebody.

Natalie Randolph Becomes First Female High School Football Head CoachOne difference between her and a male coach is that she won’t be allowed in the locker room right after games. Her post game speeches are going to have to be given somewhere else. She will need male assistants to keep the locker room under control when the boys are changing.

For Randolph, knowing her football won’t be the hard part. It will be motivating the players and getting them to buy in at first. Her father was a football coach also (pictured left), so she at least has seen how it’s done her whole life.

“She can do it,” said H.D. Woodson Coach Greg Fuller, who hired Randolph as an assistant in 2006. “She’s a no-nonsense kind of coach. She’s a disciplinarian. She handled [the questions about being a woman coaching football] very wellNatalie Randolph Becomes First Female High School Football Head Coach because she takes on any challenge you put in front of her.”

You know other coaches aren’t jumping for joy at the prospect of losing to a woman.

According to the Post, one D.C. high school football coach said: “All I know is, I don’t want to be the first one to lose to her. That’s going to be wild.”

Keep an eye on her over the next couple years. It will be very interesting to see if a woman can indeed succeed at this position held up until now solely by men.



Here is what Vernon Davis thinks of it..

http://twitter.com/VernonDavis85/status/10394346139


You show me a woman that can run a better route than Jerry Rice then j will let her be my coach.


http://twitter.com/VernonDavis85/status/10393901956
Football is a mans sport way, not woman. That's why there is cheerleading and other things.

http://twitter.com/VernonDavis85/status/10393598321


I'm not putting those women down I'm just saying i don't think it's going to work in that sc environment. I'm sure boys are transfering.


http://twitter.com/VernonDavis85/status/10400730567

I wish the woman coaches all the luck in the world and hope they become successful at what they are doing. I agree, anything is possible.


What say you?


P.S.

Vernon (looks directly at you)or his fans before you tweet up some 'Oh it is someone 'hiding behind a blog' shit & I can see that you at least 'looks at the Internet' let me put this out there RIGHT NOW. No hiding here homie. I have not disrespected you AND I WOULD SAY IT TO YOUR FACE. @ anything I have said here. You had stopped taking questions on it BUT even if you hadn't, I would have put it up here anyway. So if you wanna talk about it, we can. No throwing stones and hiding here cuz. Matter of fact, I haven't even let my stance BE KNOWN YET....I am just posing a question. So that we are CRYSTAL CLEAR.
Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...